• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Little Gazette

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Jan. 24 2005,17:31)]Just been on the little gazette and thier league table has us in fifth position behind Darlington, with us both being on 46 points.

I know most Southend fans are pessimistic but moving us down the table early is a bit much.
oops.gif
It's a sad thing to say but standards have been slipping at TLG for a while now.

If it's not an away youth or reserve team fixture then they just aren't interested.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 25 2005,13:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Jan. 24 2005,17:31)]Just been on the little gazette and thier league table has us in fifth position behind Darlington, with us both being on 46 points.

I know most Southend fans are pessimistic but moving us down the table early is a bit much.
oops.gif
It's a sad thing to say but standards have been slipping at TLG for a while now.

If it's not an away youth or reserve team fixture then they just aren't interested.
Likewise with Shrimperzone - If its connected with Southend United they're just not interested.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 25 2005,14:00)]
[b said:
[b said:

oops.gif

Likewise with Shrimperzone - If its connected with Southend United they're just not interested.
It hasn't been the same since Mike left. I used to love the opinions and stories on this site, but now...now I have to go to the games and talk to my wife.

down.gif

down.gif

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 25 2005,14:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 25 2005,14:00)]
[b said:
[b said:

oops.gif

It hasn't been the same since Mike left. I used to love the opinions and stories on this site, but now...now I have to go to the games and talk to my wife.

down.gif

down.gif

down.gif
Oh she's not THAT bad!

oops.gif

[b said:
[b said:

oops.gif

First Team match reports?
First Team match previews?
First Team marks out of ten?
First Team Satistics?
How much more do you want!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 25 2005,14:10)]It hasn't been the same since Mike left. I used to love the opinions and stories on this site, but now...now I have to go to the games and talk to my wife.

down.gif

down.gif

down.gif
Yes, thanks for the constructive criticism.

It seems that we are looking at this the wrong way.

The fact is, there are a number of Southend United sites going: Little Gazzette, shrimpers.net, Shrimpers-online, SZ, SUFC Database...

This is something that as a club and club supporters, we should be proud of. Some clubs have very few sites, but we are lucky enough to have many sites, for info. and banter.

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Jan. 25 2005,17:00)]
[b said:
[b said:

oops.gif

First Team match reports?
First Team match previews?
First Team marks out of ten?
First Team Satistics?
How much more do you want!
I just love watching fishing contests.

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Jan. 25 2005,10:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 25 2005,00:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 24 2005,23:40)]I Thankyou SIAK you have helped me confront my demons (well my brother anyway!)
Damn! I thought I was posting as a guest.  

down.gif

Now I might have to buy OS a bottle of whisky after all..

tounge.gif
MIGHT?

MIGHT?

There's no 'MIGHT' about it!

mad.gif
I'd love to OS, but you never drop in and I can't seem to find your address....

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ Jan. 24 2005,19:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 24 2005,16:40)]That sounds about right. The same people who pushed to have Adam Barretts "goal" at Rushden disallowed and awarded to "own goal".
Get your facts right: TLG do not have Southend in fifth place, footyMAD, our parent company do, click here FootyMAD, here Shrewsbury Town MAD or here Darlington MAD for more examples. We don't put the tables up, footyMAD do, and they're wrong - we tell them that.

The same as we told them that Adam Barrett didn't score at Rushden. Why? Because he didn't. Ask him if he touched the ball, because if you did, and he was telling you the truth, he would say he didn't. Remember, we still count Dudfield's 'goal' against Kidderminster last year when nobody else does, and at least he hit the shot then.

And get your own house in order. Latest SZ report is from Notts County, the last article is about the Senior Cup and the last preview was Notts County as well. Hardly up-to-date is it?

I expect your one of the people who moans constantly about the standard of programmes, websites, club affairs without ever trying to do anything about it, and so in order to stop myself saying something I really regret I'll be concentrating my efforts on looking elsewhere from now on, somewhere where people have something constructive to say.
The message board stinks too.
"Why Don't you resgister?"....."Hiding behind your keyboard!!!"
People on here keep saying. Well guys if I could register, I bloody well will.
3 e-mail addresses I've used to get on here, and the code don't work for any of them.
I then decided to look at your last registered member...shoeburyblue who registered 9th December.
rock.gif

Sort this site out will you before you go moaning about one of the best on the net.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well guys if I could register, I bloody well will.
3 e-mail addresses I've used to get on here, and the code don't work for any of them.
you can always contact sombody on the 'Forum Problems
Got an issue with the SZ Forum? Or just want to test out one of the features?'
go to there and I am sure sombody will be able to help you register!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 28 2005,09:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ Jan. 24 2005,19:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 24 2005,16:40)]That sounds about right. The same people who pushed to have Adam Barretts "goal" at Rushden disallowed and awarded to "own goal".
Get your facts right: TLG do not have Southend in fifth place, footyMAD, our parent company do, click here FootyMAD, here Shrewsbury Town MAD or here Darlington MAD for more examples. We don't put the tables up, footyMAD do, and they're wrong - we tell them that.

The same as we told them that Adam Barrett didn't score at Rushden. Why? Because he didn't. Ask him if he touched the ball, because if you did, and he was telling you the truth, he would say he didn't. Remember, we still count Dudfield's 'goal' against Kidderminster last year when nobody else does, and at least he hit the shot then.

And get your own house in order. Latest SZ report is from Notts County, the last article is about the Senior Cup and the last preview was Notts County as well. Hardly up-to-date is it?

I expect your one of the people who moans constantly about the standard of programmes, websites, club affairs without ever trying to do anything about it, and so in order to stop myself saying something I really regret I'll be concentrating my efforts on looking elsewhere from now on, somewhere where people have something constructive to say.
The message board stinks too.
"Why Don't you resgister?"....."Hiding behind your keyboard!!!"
People on here keep saying. Well guys if I could register, I bloody well will.
I then decided to look at your last registered member...shoeburyblue who registered 9th December.
rock.gif

Sort this site out will you before you go moaning about one of the best on the net.
That could be because your IP address may be inadvertently banned. I will find out later on.

I love constructive criticism.

Why would my IP address be banned though, I've not posted on here much as I can only post as a guest, and if I was banned then I shouldn't be able to post at all....shoud I?

Sorry True Blue if this is the wrong thread, I thought it might get more attention on this board. I also quoted the wrong post.
laugh.gif

The name I registered with was Jeeves, I have even tried PMing the Admin. But because e-mail's not validated, I can't even do that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 28 2005,12:21)]Why would my IP address be banned though, I've not posted on here much as I can only post as a guest, and if I was banned then I shouldn't be able to post at all....shoud I?

Sorry True Blue if this is the wrong thread, I thought it might get more attention on this board. I also quoted the wrong post.  
laugh.gif

The name I registered with was Jeeves, I have even tried PMing the Admin. But because e-mail's not validated, I can't even do that.
OK, email me at prnapper@yahoo.com and I'll try and sort it out.

Customer service with a smile

smile.gif

E-mail sent.

I apologise for the way my first post came out, but I hope you understand the frustration at trying to register.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 28 2005,12:56)]E-mail sent.

I apologise for the way my first post came out, but I hope you understand the frustration at trying to register.

cool.gif
Hey no problems. It should be all sorted now.

As a matter of fact all new members have to have their details approved by us before they can log on under their new username. This means we can think about whether to approve or not. Sorry for the delay since Xmas in approving these- I've been incredibly busy at work.

Anyway, we now have more than 20 new members joined in the last 3 weeks...

smile.gif

Just like to point out again that the initial point about TLG and the Rushden goal came from me, who has no running in SZ.com so  
tounge.gif

wow.gif

Can people stop quoting me as if i run the damn website!!

Back