• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFANS

Coach
If we made through to either one which would be more rewarding? Financially is the trip to Anfield worth more a trip to Wembley in JPT?

And for us as fans? Surley a cup tie at Anfield has more of a buzz??

Is the FA cup third round now our 'cup' priority??

The only thing that puts me off the Wembley option is 50/60k empty seats! Still, I will take either :)

Wemberlee without a doubt with a chance of silverware, over a match where we're bound to get spanked.

I'd say a trip to Wembley would just about edge it for me.

Lets face it both grounds are gonna be 3/4 full (if that) for games featuring us. However if the last time we made the LDV Final was anything to go buy we could take around 25,000 fans. I've never seen that sort of support for Southend games before and although the results were hard to take it was great to be part of those crowds.

Away at Liverpool is one of the games I hoped for in yesterday's draw but we have to remember we're not yet there in either competition. I think the JPT game is more achievable personally. Yes its 3 games as opposed to a one off victory against Oldham but I just think this whole situation reminds me so much of the whole Scarborough scenario.

If we can sneak a win tomorrow night then we have 2 games to get the better of either Barnet or Brentford. Lets hope Barnet pull off the shock of the night!

I suppose it will be easier to get tickets for Wembley, but I think Liverpool will be better financially.

Just love us to out sing the Kop though!

Firstly, we have got hard work ahead to ensure we get to one or both!!!

Commercially I am sure we would make more our of going to Anfield, this has to take priority over the LDV for me.

You're all being too pessimistic. As I see it, we can still go to Anfield, get them back to the Hall for a replay, smash Brentford/Barnet in the LDV and then still have time for the massive fixture congestion to mess up our automatic chances of promotion before we then clinch the deal in the play-off finals.

I remember the trip to Everton with great fondness. Walking to the ground, passing what seemed like an endless line of coaches from Essex. Wouldn't it be good to see that again, this time at Anfield?

How would we make more out of Liverpool?

FA Cup attendance will be 40k tops. Of which we get 40% of the gate. They will reduce ticket prices I would assume, so say £25 a ticket * 40,000 * 40% = £400k + 27k prize money for beating Oldham, so say £450k maximum.

There wont be any TV revenue as its highly unlikely to be featured.

Wembley attendance would be about the same, if not more depending on who we play. Tickets will be much higher, I would guess at £35? I can't remember how much they were before.

I think the football league/Wembley take some of the gate money, so again say 40%

£35 a ticket * 40,000 * 40% = £560k

Plus its live on Sky, so I don't know if there is any revenue for that, as well as the revenue for the 2 legs of the semi final.

I would estimate getting close to £650k-£700k

Back