• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liverpool Street Line

from their site:

SHENFIELD OVER-RUNNING ENGINEERING WORK

Owing to over-running engineering work at Shenfield ALL train services to/from London Liverpool Street from Norwich, Ipswich,Clacton & Southend Victoria are being SEVERELY disrupted.

Intercity services are currently running hourly to/from Norwich to Colchester only. Services to/from Lowestoft & Petreborough to London will start/terminate at Ipswich. At present there is a 30 minute shuttle train service to/from Ingatestone with a VERY LIMITED Bus service to/from Romford. Passengers are advised not to travel until 10:00.

Train services to/from Southend Victoria are currently only running between Southend Victoria & Billericay with a very limited Bus shuttle to Laindon. Customers are advised to use c2c services where necessary or not travel.

Have now just gone through Leigh having gone from Rayleigh to Billericay and back to Southend Vic then Onto Southend Central. Now sitting opposite a fat ******* on his 3rd Sausage and egg McMuffin and i am seriously close to heaving ! Who still eats that rubbish in this day and age ?

Have now just gone through Leigh having gone from Rayleigh to Billericay and back to Southend Vic then Onto Southend Central. Now sitting opposite a fat ******* on his 3rd Sausage and egg McMuffin and i am seriously close to heaving ! Who still eats that rubbish in this day and age ?

Yeh we get a lot of those types on our trains when the Liverpool St line isn't working. Have a word in his shell-like would you?

i just jumped back on the number 9 after getting down to rayleigh station at 7:10, attempting to do some work from home. but that is proving fruitless as the webmail service is down. oh well suppose i play something on the ps3 instead!

Its changed....

It wasnt over running engineering work, that was finished on time but when they switched the signals back on, they didnt work.....

Is there a difference I wonder?

What a load of ****.

Stayed at my old mans as got back late from Swindon. Got to Rayleigh for the 8.06 today only to be told that the trains were shagged. Ended up going into Southend with six million other commuters and coming back in via Fenny St.

Dad was delighted as its a pay day for him but I was gutted as its lost money and time for me. To make matters worse I put my ticket in the barrier and it swallowed it so I can even claim my funds back from them I dont think.

Was a disgrace over the weekend. Took me 3 hours to get from Romford to Southend Victoria on Saturday. That was with a train ride to Gidea Park, 30 min wait for the bus to Billericay in a snow blizzard (bus took over an hour) and then a train to Southend Victoria.

No one uses the trains over the weekend now, do they?! :whistling:

Makes me laugh: The railways are f**ked, a lot running on equipment that was installed it the 1960's. OHL/Track gets worn and needs replacing or it'll fall down (in the case of OHL) or the tracks will become dangerous (ala Potters Bar).

When should we do major engineering work then: During a normal working week or when people are on holiday?

Or should we not bother and let everything collapse, let people die and let the whole network go to hell?

Makes me laugh: The railways are f**ked, a lot running on equipment that was installed it the 1960's.

When should we do major engineering work then: During a normal working week or when people are on holiday?

Or should we not bother and let everything collapse?

Didnt they used to do engineering works at night when the trains wasn't even running?

I'm not having a go, just they might be able to find a different time to do the works, i.e not during the day when loads of people are travelling on them.

During the night? People who live near railway lines moan about the noise. Over here we get roughly 3hrs to do critical work due to safety implications and the TOC's wanting to run trains as late and as early as possible. If they had their way it'd be 24hrs.

You can't do major works at night such as OHL replacement which can take days.

Makes me laugh: The railways are f**ked, a lot running on equipment that was installed it the 1960's. OHL/Track gets worn and needs replacing or it'll fall down (in the case of OHL) or the tracks will become dangerous (ala Potters Bar).

Or should we not bother and let everything collapse, let people die and let the whole network go to hell?

OOOhhh hit a nerve there me thinks :O

Luckily Fenny line is not running on such infrastructure as all the signalling was ripped out during the 90's, to enable trains to run in both directions on both tracks. I agree that work needs to be carried out at weekends but the problem here is that it did not work on a work morning, which is not excusable. Better project management is called for.

Last edited:
Had to be on a very important course this morning, that seriously went out the window. Got off at wickford, made our way to Laindon. Total journey took just under 3 hours. I know someone who took nearly 4 hours. Not a happy bunny today to say the least.

No problems with the trains up here......due to the fact that such modern conveniences have not made it north of Aberdeen

I made it into work on time, but then my commute is a little bit shorter than most.

1, Fall out of bed
2, Find dressing gown
3, Trudge sleepily to study

It's shame really, I'd quite like to read the paper on the way in, but I'd probably fall down the stairs.

Well the lazy wa**kers should have done it in the 70's and 80's then and not spent their life on strike!

It's quite simple, you do it during the night like you used to or at weekends like you are supposed to but you keep to deadlines. When you say you'll finish by 5am you make sure the line is ready by 4am for trains and not 9am.

Why not, its not stopped you before!

Back