• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lloyd Owusu - Out for the rest of the season

Out for the rest of the season after tearing groin playing for Ghana, Martin Allen says it will gove others an opportunity to shine!
Misses the world cup as well which is a shame for him

But if mean Brentford will miss him up front, that will help Southend chance, that be it .... GOOD!

Lucky they stopped Isiah Rankin from having his op too then on the outside chance he can play this season.

Funny I had a preminition something would happen to Owusu when I saw he had been named in the Ghana squad for their game last night.

Hope this is Lady Luck donning her SUFC scarf again for the rest of the season after our month or so of bad luck!

Major blow for them
smile.gif

Good news for the scum
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ April 27 2006,11:08)]Funny I had a preminition something would happen to Owusu when I saw he had been named in the Ghana squad for their game last night.
Funny. So did I.

Mixed emotions.

Happy for Lloyd Owusu to be out for the next couple of Brentford games - but truly GUTTED for him that he'll be missing the World Cup. Poor sod!

biggrin.gif
yet
sad.gif

Some of Southend fans will be going to Brentford to support Hartlepool this sat, I will be in home end as my good record of going to home end for first time (and lose) hopefully can carry on. We need much help as we can to ensure promotion.

Losing Owusu is like Southend losing Goater for the season, so let hope Brentford FC is f****d!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ April 27 2006,11:23)]Mixed emotions.

Happy for Lloyd Owusu to be out for the next couple of Brentford games - but truly GUTTED for him that he'll be missing the World Cup. Poor sod!

biggrin.gif
 yet
sad.gif
Never forgiven him for his outrageous celebration when he scored and they beat us in 98 so karma as far as I'm concerned!

So glad we never signed him last summer too!

Rankin has a knee cartilage injury. I can't see him playing again this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Rankin has a knee cartilage injury. I can't see him playing again this season.

But M. Allen want him to play no matter what, but I hope he perform to 50% of his best so Hartlepool can have a chance to attack them knowing Brentford are weak going forward. I hope Boyd & Porter is fit for Poolie & score goals which could sent Southend up!

Their only other option upfront is Callum Willock, who came from Peterborough and was a huge disapointment. other than that, they can play Pratley out of position, leaving a gap in Midfield...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ April 27 2006,12:10)]Their only other option upfront is Callum Willock, who came from Peterborough and was a huge disapointment. other than that, they can play Pratley out of position, leaving a gap in Midfield...
Oh no - Not poor old Lloyd....Such a nice bloke and a genuinely honest player that wouldn't ever put a late flying elbow in on Sodje.....What a shame....

Ghana and my office in London Bridge will mourn your loss..

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cerbera45 @ April 27 2006,11:37)]Rankin has a knee cartilage injury.  I can't see him playing again this season.
He was due for a scan on this a couple of days ago ; his uncle is a mate of mine

Don't forget they have still got Marcus Gayle. I think that he will play up-front with Willock.

Brentford use Owusu for their long ball game as we found out to our cost on 14th Feb, now they have to change their style of football to suit Gayle & Willock as they are not type of player for direct football, they rather have ball to their feet not chase after it as Hartlepool defence is big & strong & will win the ball in air.

Please God! let Hartlepool get any result expect a Brentford win!

Back