• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Obviously there is sensativity around the "it's going in Ron's pocket" remarks....but there are always ways around this...a "fund" like this would only be collected and administered independant of the club (Trust etc)...seperate bank accounts and payments directly to the loanee club etc...the "club" is never technically (from a monetary point of view) involved...might even buy a player for the club and pay his wages....it's happened at other clubs so why not here.

If we get a loan player in now and do get to the play-offs, wouldn't the 93 days be up before they start?

Could be a reason why we are delaying things a little? Just a thought.

i know it's a bit of a non league idea (sorry I have watched a bit of it over the last few years) and sadly football is becoming a little bit user pays these days (plus the club looks like it is skint)....but do we have any initiatives like the 12th man for fans to get involved (apologies I not too sure what the Trust does so they may have it covered).

I know the Oxford 12th man (the fans)...it was either last or the previous season...raised a very good 5 figure number and it allowed the manager to bring in players...the fund was only for this use. Players are not paid that much at this level (well if I go off the stats publish on here anyway) and even if you got 500 fans at £5 a week it could be the difference as to the quality you could bring it.

Probably too late to do something now as it would take a bit of organisation and I am not too sure if it would take off at Southend. But sometimes you have a ask yourself is there even a little more I can do for the club (it only takes a few to think like this / or are in the position to and it might happen). Conversely obviously if we are struggling to pay our players / staff then it might be too sensative a scheme to consider.

It was just an idea.

I think it's a great idea.

Back