• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

why do we still have belford on loan? i dont know how much of his wages we are paying, but smith is our number 1 now, i dont see the point on keepeing belford for another week when those funds could be reallocated onto a new loan midfielder? seems a bit silly, seeing as we are hardly rolling in spare cash.

The minimum loan period is a month I think

Sorry I've been out working since Friday and only had time to pay much attention to match reports from Saturday. I have to say that I am a bit surprised that there doesn't appear to have been any news on the loan front, neither on the side of Hall or Mohsni going out, nor news of any replacements coming in. Is 'Long Ron Martin still away on holiday and do we have to wait for his return from Treasure Island, before anything can happen (i.e. the financial details of Hall's loan move and consequent signiong by Blackpool)?...........hope he finds that treasure chest.

Sorry I've been out working since Friday and only had time to pay much attention to match reports from Saturday. I have to say that I am a bit surprised that there doesn't appear to have been any news on the loan front, neither on the side of Hall or Mohsni going out, nor news of any replacements coming in. Is 'Long Ron Martin still away on holiday and do we have to wait for his return from Treasure Island, before anything can happen (i.e. the financial details of Hall's loan move and consequent signiong by Blackpool)?...........hope he finds that treasure chest.

Can't see us loaning Hall or Mohsni until the end of the week. Blackpool / Ipswich wouldn't loan a player the few days before an international break - especially when any such loan can only be for a maximum of 93 days

Must say ,being new to this and living so far away,i have often wondered about Southend and whose pulling the budget strings there, being as Southend are and have been for many years one of the topattendance wise teams in the division,why they not up higher ,especially when i see teams like crawley and now Fleetwood ,and burton etc come in do so well and only have just over 1000 people attend their matches .Thanks fellas its great reading your threads.As for RM 2 seasons ago you said you had big plans for Southend so why not put them into action ,stop being all mouth and put some money in, Now ! not when the new stadium is built ( it ever) so when it is Southend will be in higher division ( championship).Mr Martin you get a 25000 seat stadium and be in Championship ,the supporters will fill the stadium ,just need a decent team mate.Ive followed Southend for almost 666 years Mr Martin i know this in my heart to be true. C/MON BLUES!!!

I've followed Southend for almost 666 years Mr Martin i know this in my heart to be true. C/MON BLUES!!!

:stunned:

images

Just listened to Luggy's Cheltenham 'pre-match interview'. The fact that he wouldn't be drawn concerning Hall's future didn't worry me, I think we all can assume that he is off. What did concern me was PS's response, as to if anyone is on the point of being brought in..........which was a flat "no" for this weekend. This could be bluff but I have my doubts. What is undeniable if true, is that we face three tough games in a week with, as Luggy stated, thirteen or fourteen fit players to choose from. Luggy said resigningly, "that's football." ...............for me that's crisis!

Nobody "new" will be joining before Saturday, that's for sure.

Perhaps we will extend Britt's loan though, which would be a bonus....

Hall will go, Mohsni will still be "here", just cant see anyone taking him anytime soon.

We then need to extend Assombalonga's loan as longa as possible.

Hopefully at some point in the window we can get a central midfielder in.

Back