• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loanee watch 2022-23

With Luke Reeve out on loan that now means all three third year scholars are out on loan.

The fourth player out on loan is first year pro Tommy Davis. Fellow first year pro Oli Coker could be one of the candidates to be next out. A regular on the bench the opening month of the season, now injuries have receded I’d expect the club to be looking for a National League South club for him, having played in the Isthmian Prem last year, although I wouldn’t rule out a return to the Isthmian Prem all together.

Other loanee candidates would include Jon Benton, who had a hugely successful loan spell in the Isthmian North last year but has had a solitary sub appearance and hasn’t made a bench since Maidenhead; Jack Wood, who signed from 7th tier Kings Langley and has made just one bench appearance this season. A National League South club would seem ideal for both.

Second year scholars might also be heading out on loan to the Isthmian North in the coming months. Henry Sandat who scored a hat trick in Friday’s FA Youth Cup might head this list. He’s also appeared on the first team bench this season during an injury crisis. Patrick Droney, keeper Fin Purcell and midfielder Mo Amir are amongst other potential candidates to go out later this year.
Chelmsford made an approach to take Jon Benton on loan. He was keen for game time. Maher just said no. He hasn't been near game day squad since so makes no sense to me.

Chelmsford made an approach to take Jon Benton on loan. He was keen for game time. Maher just said no. He hasn't been near game day squad since so makes no sense to me.
They’re doing well in the NLS so would have seemed ideal to test him 2 levels up from where he had all his success last season.

FA Cup
Tommy Davis was at the heart of the Hampton and Richmond defence as they held NL Torquay to a 2-2 draw. Hampton led 2-0 on 71 minutes but Torquay pulled one back within a minute before clawing their way back level with 10 minutes remaining.

NL S

Jon Benton made his Billericay debut against Worthing alongside former teammates Leon Davies, John White and Matt Rush. He played 84 minutes of what was described as an impressive debut, during which he hit the post. Whilst he received MoM votes that went to Matt Rush. Billericay fell behind early before equalising through Matt Rush. Two minutes after Benton went off they won the late penalty that they converted to give them the win. That puts them 7th, the final play-off spot.

Jaden Crowhurst played for Tonbridge as they fell to a 2-0 defeat to Kent rivals Dartford. Tonbridge also missed a penalty.

Isthmian North
Louie Arrowsmith was in the Heybridge side who lost 2-0 to Hashtag Utd. They fell behind after 11 minutes and Hashtag doubled it on 35 minutes. Tilly didn’t think (or at least say) the boys worked their socks off but did say he thought it should have been 0-0. Hashtag are up to 4th whislt Heybridge drop to 8th.

Luke Reeve played for Tilbury against Bury Town. Tilbury scored the only goal of the game in the 53rd minute to move up to 11th whilst their opponents drop out of the play offs. A good clean sheet for defender Reeve.

FA Cup
Tommy Davis played in Hampton and Richmond’s replay v Torquay. Hampton took the lead in the 39th minute and it looked like a shock could be on the cards again but Torquay equalised on 54 minutes and then won it on 68 minutes.

Isthmian North
Louie Arrowsmith lined up for Tilly’s Heybridge as they faced Tilly’s former side Witham, who were just a point behind them. A goal in each half secured the victory and keeps Heybridge in the promotion hunt.

Luke Reeve played for Tilbury as they took on Great Wakering. Tilbury were three up by half time and nearly kept a clean sheet, conceding only an 89th minute consolation goal. The 3-1 victory gives them their third win of the season and a bit more breathing space as they move up to 13th, 5 points above the relegation play-off places.

NL South
Tommy Davis lined up for Hampton and Richmond as they took on struggling Concord. Goals on 38, 71 and 76 gave Hampton the win with Davis apparently marshalling targetman Ben Williamson well to help Richmond to another clean sheet.

Jaden Crowhurst started for Tonbridge in their 2-0 home win v Chippenham. He set up their second with a “great assist” for former teammate Lewis Gard and was booked on 82 minutes.

Jon Benton played for Braintree who won 2-1 at Eastbourne. Braintree took an 8th minute lead but Eastbourne equalised on 20 minutes. Braintree regained the lead early second half from a Benton corner.

Isthmian North
Louie Arrowsmith’s Heybridge took on Luke Reeve’s Tilbury and it went better for Arrowsmith’s Heybridge who took just 36 minutes to rack up a 5-0 lead. Arrowsmith was subbed on 58 minutes. Tilbury got an injury time consolation. It finished 5-1.

Jaden Crowhurst’s loan doesn’t seem to have been extended. It was due to expire Sunday and he didn’t feature tonight. Slightly surprised by that as it seemed he’d been doing well.

Elsewhere in the NL Jon Benton was up against former team mate James Dunne’s (Rob Howard was on the bench too) Welling. Benton was very much on the winning side as they won 4-1 and had several efforts from range. He edged a near 3 way tie to be voted MoM. Ex SUFC youth Matt Rush came off the bench to score their 4th which takes them to 4th.

Tommy Davis started in Hampton’s 1-0 win at Eastbourne. Another clean sheet for the youngster, their 5th in 9 league games since he signed, having kept none in their first six before he joined. Hampton now sit 12th.

NL South

Tommy Davis was up against Jon Benton as Hampton faced Braintree. Benton opened the scoring on 23 minutes, taking a touch on the edge of the area before firing home. Braintree added a second on 88 minutes and then a third with an own goal in injury time after some Matt Rush trickery. Benton won MoM with 40% of the 67 votes cast.

FA Trophy
Louie Arrowsmith was in the Heybridge side that won 2-0 away at Royston.

Isthmian North
Luke Reeve played in Tilbury’s 3-0 defeat to Sudbury. Trailing 1-0 at the break they conceded immediately after the restart. Reeve was booked on 88 minutes.

Last edited:
Should still be on our bench at least
Still got to drop someone.

He defo appears to be doing the business, but I'll trust the three Amigo's on this one rather than fans, like myself, who have barely seen him play. If he keeps up impressing on loan spells I'm sure his time will come.

Controversial, but I’d drop Husin. I just don’t think he’s been as good as he was pre injury. Maybe getting dropped would be the push he needs.
I think that’s harsh on Husin, his form dropped at the end of last season, but since returning from injury recently he’s done well in my opinion.

I can’t see Benton getting much playing time here at the moment, so being out on loan (and impressing) is great. If we get an injury he’ll come back full of confidence and raring to go.

Tommy Davis played tonight for Hampton & Richmond in the NL S at home to St Albans.

It didn’t go well. They fell behind after 26 minutes and then conceded again 5 minutes later. Any hopes of a second half comeback were dashed by 3 goals in 10 minutes. They added a sixth later for good measure.

St Albans move up to 9th. Hampton stay 14th.

Back