• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCStu

President
So a awkard sceranio for the FA cup game with Preston next week, with the news of Daniel Bentley getting injured today.

Morris is still out with his injury and Daniels is not allowed to play due to a clause with his loan.

So could the club play Luke Chambers the youth team keeper, will the team go and get another goalkeeper on loan or maybe play a current player in goal...... :stunned:

Unless of course Morris or Bentley recover in time for the Preston match.

Apparently he played a few seasons at goalkeeper at his old club! Is there anything this guy can't do?? :smile:

He apparently can't avoid mounting up yellow and red cards and getting suspended.

We aren't going to take a second keeper on loan, so it's the youth team keeper or hoping Bentley recovers, or finding a non contract keeper as we've done in the past with the likes of Barry Delf and Jon O'Brian.

Last edited:
first port of call would be West Brom and beg for Daniels to be allowed to play.

I think we would struggle to get a loanee in for one game, I would think a keeper out of contract would be the next option

first port of call would be West Brom and beg for Daniels to be allowed to play.

I think we would struggle to get a loanee in for one game, I would think a keeper out of contract would be the next option
Can we do that? It would make sense as Luke hasnt actually played for West Brom

I'd have thought West Brom would let him play. Lets be honest, they aren't going to play him.
If not, stick the kid in. What harm can it do?

IMHO we're gonna probably lose up there with a 16 or 17 year old keeper in goal anyway so I'd love to see Bilel between the sticks..... :winking:

no keeper and will Swindon let Timlin play

From Chris Phillips

561dfab7-b37c-2662.jpg

Has Rhys Evans got a club yet? I hadn't heard that he had and he was in a box with some of the lads at a cup game earlier this season (Orient?) - I'd give him a call and see if he fancied a game on a non-contract basis

Tweet from SUFCRootsHall this morning - either Morris or Bentley are likely to be fit for next Saturday

Well if Bentley or Morris dont make it. Then i'd bet quite a large amount of match sticks, that it will be Bilel. Am I the only one actually hoping this happens?

Well if Bentley or Morris dont make it. Then i'd bet quite a large amount of match sticks, that it will be Bilel. Am I the only one actually hoping this happens?

i had a hard enough job convincing people he was a centre back at the barnet game, if he ends up being a brilliant goalie as well i wouldnt know where to start

Back