• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Guttridge Transfer Gossip

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
I think its about time we laid this one to rest its getting a tad boring now!!

Lets just state the facts here

Luke Guttridge has been in sensational form this season and would command a six figure transfer fee he's also under 24

The transfer window is now open so clubs must ''act fast''

Richard Cody is his agent and benefits when he moves clubs or signs contract extensions

The likes of Charlton, Crystal Palace and Southampton are crying out for someone to sit in the middle of the park and boss the game

People are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5

He's not even been here a year yet, he's part of Tillys long term plans, even Tilly has been quoted as saying he's going nowhere

We dont need to sell at the moment

A goalscorer like Fredy is easier to replace, Gutts isnt, anyone suggest a replacement for Guttridge, someone who can work hard for the team, tackle, pass and shoot equally as well with both feet?? (quote angell delight)

Enough Said
Stats

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Jan. 18 2006,22:40)]anyone suggest a replacement for Guttridge, someone who can work hard for the team, tackle, pass and shoot equally as well with both feet?? (quote angell delight)
Well at least you're giving ME the credit for my own opinions now......
smile.gif

Are you reading this Draft?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Jan. 19 2006,08:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]anyone suggest a replacement for Guttridge, someone who can work hard for the team, tackle, pass and shoot equally as well with both feet??

Jay Smith...
As much as I hate to say it, we have to see if Jay Smith can stay fit for long enough to be of any long term use.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Jan. 19 2006,09:12)]My friend at work supports crystal palace and tells me that they are interested in Luke, but that the chairman refuses to talk to agents!
biggrin.gif
If only all chairmen would stand together in solidarity on this issue.

If goalscorers are so easy to come across how comes, with the possible exception of Carruthers, we hadn't had one in ten years before Eastwood?

One season wonder. Never been a goalscorer before and, whilst he's on a decent run at the moment, won't be again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 19 2006,09:04)]One season wonder. Never been a goalscorer before and, whilst he's on a decent run at the moment, won't be again.
Agreed.

but then you are forgetting about the dynamic duo of Drewe and Tes!

laugh.gif

I would argue Fredy is irreplaceable when you consider how much we paid for him and how much a replacement of his calibre would cost. Very few players outside of the Prem with his talent. Might sound controversial but if I had a choice Id rather keep Freddy than Guttridge.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 19 2006,09:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 19 2006,09:04)]One season wonder. Never been a goalscorer before and, whilst he's on a decent run at the moment, won't be again.
Agreed.

but then you are forgetting about the dynamic duo of Drewe and Tes!

laugh.gif
Don't forget Ben Abbey, Graeme Jones, Neil Tolson, Tony Richards, Barry Conlon, Neil Campbell, Barrington Belgrave, Mark Rawle, Michael Husbands, Mark Salter, Sada N'Diaye, Alex Burns, Neville Roach, Trevor Fitzpatrick, Steve Jones, Danny Webb and Jim Corbett.

Yeah, with our track record with strikers I'm sure I'm not the only Southend fan who hopes we keep Eastwood for many, many years to come....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Jan. 18 2006,23:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Jan. 18 2006,22:40)]anyone suggest a replacement for Guttridge, someone who can work hard for the team, tackle, pass and shoot equally as well with both feet?? (quote angell delight)
Well at least you're giving ME the credit for my own opinions now......
smile.gif

Are you reading this Draft?
Oh i'm reading this AD. Your quote is spot on.

Earlier on in the season i wouldn't have rated Gutts as highly as i do now. It's only since he has returned from injury that i have really seen what he brings to the side. His passing and spreading of the ball is the best i've seen for the 6 years i've been watching and supporting Southend. In fact his probably the best player i've seen in that time.

Even if we took big money for him i'm not sure if we could find anyone else as good unless we splashed the cash.

I'm a big fan of Jay as well but he doesn't seem to have the eye for a pass that Gutts has (i'm thinking of a pass like the one he played for Freddy in setting up the second against Brentford). You can't teach that sort of thing its just natural, you have it or you don't.

No doubt we'll have to let him go eventually but lets enjoy it while he's here, hopefully getting us into the Championship which will obviously help in keeping him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 19 2006,08:59)]If goalscorers are so easy to come across how comes, with the possible exception of Carruthers, we hadn't had one in ten years before Eastwood?
Constantine......

a good film!
wink.gif

As much as I'm a fan of Gutts I think clubs will just keep monitoring his progress for now. Don't forget this is a player who was not guaranteed a place in the Cambridge team this time last year (possibly the worst Football League side I've ever seen). I know there were some personality clashes that were a contributory factor to that but I also think that clubs at a higher level will wait to see he's not a one season wonder before commiting themselves to spending money on him. If he's still doing the business next January then it will be a different story.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 19 2006,09:20)]
laugh.gif
Don't forget Neil Tolson....[/quote]
I rated Tolson, Hat-Trick on his debut against Palace (albeit a friendly).

11 goals in a stuttered carrer with us & a metal plate in his gut to boot.

I thought he had potential.

I remember that all too wellI recall coming home one day after work and reading on teletext that we'd signed Neil Tolson on a free from York

Headline Read - ''TOLSON THE KEY''

Key to what, another season of dire football

Still doesnt top the time when I told Angell Delight we'd signed Tony Richards from Barnet

''Yes we've signed Tony Richards from Barnet and we've agreed a fee''

AD - ''Agreed a fee, what do you mean agreed a fee!!''

Tony Richards is now a bit of a star.

He is a professional Adam Barrett lookey-likey..

Mwah Ha Ha
ghostface.gif

Back