• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Prosser

To be honest he has said all the right things you would expect, but I think he is what they need experience at the back, although will be interesting how they replace Moncur and Gilbey.

I think they will spread the cash pretty thinly amongst several players, sounds like we might have got somewhere in the region of £500K for Moncur and a similar amount for Gilbey and around £200K for Massey from Orient. Of course not all that cash will be paid straight away but it will give us the confidence to get the other 5-6 players in we probably need.

I always liked Luke - he handles himself very professionally in my view. A team player who works hard. :thumbsup:

My view when Luke is on the pitch is rather different. :sad: Things just aren't quite up to standard for me - poor distribution at times (both with head and feet), seems to attract own goals and backs away from attackers as they come to him (until he is in the box and it is too risky to get in a tackle).

Still I wish Luke well and I hope he is a good signing for Col U.

Perhaps we can train some of those aspects out of his game, nearly all of our coaches are ex central defenders, (Brown, McGreal, Humes etc) that said they didn't help much last season!

Good luck Luke, thought your time at Southend was spoilt by PB, now your chase to prove him wrong.

Now lets see who the blues have signed >>>>>>>>>>>>oh nobody PB full of hot air

Prosser quote: "Colchester is a massive club, when you look at the facilities and stadium it's a League One, if not Championship club."

Best of luck Luke and thanks for the last 6 years but come on....really???!!! :smile::hilarious:

Currently a lot of bile being directed at Prosser over in the twitter-sphere, which is unjustified in my opinion, if the stories of his treatment at the hands of Mr Brown are true - and in fact, even if they’re not. Always gave his all for us, no matter what his shortcomings may have been – I always said of Luke that if someone was shooting footballs at the goal out of a cannon, you know he wouldn’t have moved out of the way. Took more than his fair share of lumps for the club, and I wish him all the best for the future.

He’s also hardly likely to be interviewed saying “yeah, to be honest this is a tin-pot club on the slide, but I needed the cash to fund my Haribo habit, so, you know, any port in a storm.”

Currently a lot of bile being directed at Prosser over in the twitter-sphere, which is unjustified in my opinion, if the stories of his treatment at the hands of Mr Brown are true - and in fact, even if they’re not. Always gave his all for us, no matter what his shortcomings may have been – I always said of Luke that if someone was shooting footballs at the goal out of a cannon, you know he wouldn’t have moved out of the way. Took more than his fair share of lumps for the club, and I wish him all the best for the future.

He’s also hardly likely to be interviewed saying “yeah, to be honest this is a tin-pot club on the slide, but I needed the cash to fund my Haribo habit, so, you know, any port in a storm.”

True but a 'Massive club' really?? That's an overstatement of the highest order. He could have said that they are a decent club and should be playing in league one or the championship. Suppose he's trying to massage the egos of the Colchester 'Massive'.

Aye, fair point, but have pity on the poor lad - imagine how drunk he must have been to have signed that contract, he probably had no idea what he was saying.

is it a dome shape? did it take long to put together?

We do have a covered million pound wet weather training centre but also a multi million pound purpose built training centre both in Tiptree with a load of land next to it with planning permission for lots of houses.

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/11662088.U_s_new_indoor_dome_on_verge_of_completion/

http://aphprojects.com/florence-park.html

I know you folks will enjoy visiting these links!

Prosser quote: "Colchester is a massive club, when you look at the facilities and stadium it's a League One, if not Championship club."

Best of luck Luke and thanks for the last 6 years but come on....really???!!! :smile::hilarious:

Shame its not the facilities and stadium that determine a clubs size ! Massive club is hilarious.

Its a good move for him though and think he will do ok for them.

Never been a huge fan, he was rubbish to start with but did grow into a decent player and never had concerns when he was in the side. Always gave his all and wish him well there, although whilst at the same time hoping they get relegated :smile:

Very true any player is going to say good things about his new club if he has any sense, the poor bloke was released he has been offered a job presumably close to home with I would think similar rates of pay of course he is going to take it.

Shame its not the facilities and stadium that determine a clubs size ! Massive club is hilarious.

Its a good move for him though and think he will do ok for them.

Never been a huge fan, he was rubbish to start with but did grow into a decent player and never had concerns when he was in the side. Always gave his all and wish him well there, although whilst at the same time hoping they get relegated :smile:

You never know it largely depends on the players around them, a player who is poor at one club can be very good at another, football is full of big personalities and if that in it together aspect is not there players will struggle, Leicester had it right last season but with all the transfer/money stuff flying about there at present things may change.

True but a 'Massive club' really?? That's an overstatement of the highest order. He could have said that they are a decent club and should be playing in league one or the championship. Suppose he's trying to massage the egos of the Colchester 'Massive'.

To me he looked nervous in front of the camera so maybe he just went into overdrive as panic set in!

Echo this totally. The amount of times he made goal line clearances or last ditch tackles is probably more than any other player at the club in his time here. Good luck to him. Was a loyal servant and well done for having the guts to stand up to PB

It's a good move for Luke as he was always going to go to a league 2 club as that is definitely his level.

This way he doesn't have to uproot and move to another part of the country which must be one of the drawbacks of being a professional footballer, especially lower down the leagues where the money isn't ridiculous (don't get me wrong if i had the chance to play and the offset was moving about, i'd do it!)

I think ultimately Luke was a team player, did some good things, did some bad things and wasn't the best overall player. However he always gave his all and for that I thank him and wish him all the best.

Back