• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Prosser

You never know it largely depends on the players around them, a player who is poor at one club can be very good at another, football is full of big personalities and if that in it together aspect is not there players will struggle, Leicester had it right last season but with all the transfer/money stuff flying about there at present things may change.

He wasnt poor for us, but he wasnt anything special either. Last two seasons he had decent spells in our first team yet lost out to players who then looked better. Im not convinced by our current centre halves but wouldnt put him in front of them.

He then went to Northampton who didnt make an offer to keep him, but of course they are planning for League One.

However he is a decent signing at League Two so I do think he can do well for you.

Personally I don't think he's good enough for League 2. Too slow and too poor on the ball. Even in the air he doesn't get good purchase on the ball and it comes straight back. Yes he'll give 100% but that doesn't mean you are good enough. 36 year old lower league stalwart AB was a significant upgrade, which says it all.

All in all the perfect signing for Col U. Good luck Luke.

Prosser.jpg

Some people being very harsh on Prosser. He was a good, solid defender who put his body (mainly his head) on the line on many occasions. He commanded the defence well and was really reliable. He may have scored a few own goals, but so did Phillips and so has Barrett.

I shouldn't laugh but our fans are also amused at the massive club comment, one said after reading it in the Gazette newspaper I think he has been misquoted, he probably said passive club :smile:

a few points to level up some of the scaping of an ex player who gave everything for us

lets move the comma in the statement
Prosser quote:

"Colchester is a massive club when you look at the facilities and stadium,
it's a League One if not Championship club."

Whats inaccurate there - facilities are better than ours ,stadium is beter than ours. I am assuming better than the majority of league two clubs?

I trust those laughing at his comments are also laughing at Demetriou's comments ,what exactly do you expect a new signing to say?
Posted: Thu 23 Jun 2016

And Demetriou stated the promising future of the club was a key factor in him coming to Roots Hall.

“When the offer came about it perked my ears up.” He said.

“I can see the potential of the club and it’s going places, the manager has a good vision for the team, so it in the end there was a lot of boxes ticked for me.

“I’m really looking forward to getting started now, we’ve got a good squad here and I think we’ll be up there this season.

“It’s a great feeling to be involved in the play-offs, but I’m hoping this season with a new club we can go one better and we can get automatic promotion.

he will score own goals- no **** sherlock, that what happens when you are a CB trying to block shots . Statements like that without also recognising the amount of 'off the line clearances 'he has made, and shots blocked is almost as bad as the one sided crap we are getting on the Referendum In/out debate. Added to that he has lost his place in the team on more than one ocassion when according to match reports on here he has been one of our best players, but 'stupidly' put the team and club first by putting his body on the line , meaning an injury and time out of the side .He most wonder why he bothered.

lastly on his distribution (becausee Thompsons and Bolger were brilllant weren't they) ' I can always reemember the performance of a certain 'brillant' centre back pairing who could pass out from the back ,but unfortuantely when it really mattered,in the play off matches- home and away they were both very poor . Prosser would have been crucified on here for those performances.

Good luck to him,an excellent signing in my opinion . He will add leadership and 'never say die' qualities and an aerial precsence to their defence

rant over

Last edited:
It had to happen!The team with the worst defensive record in any league signs Prosser!
To think some numpties on the Zone actually seemed to believe he'd be coming back to the Hall in a Northampton shirt! No chance!

Only playing at his very best was he anywhere near adequate in league 2( I know he tried hard) but he could prove to be quite a good signing for Col.U,when they go down to the National League.

I cant have prosser being caned, gave nothing less than 100% for us and made plenty of appearances as we regularly appeared in the play offs and got promoted. Undoubtedly improved during his time here too. Good luck Luke and thanks for giving your all in a Southend shirt.

Good for him. I hope he personally has a good season.
Well said AD. T hose that down this player have short memories about some of the players we have had that have left us high and dry, Prosser was nothing but a true pro while he was with us.

He injured his knee in the pre match warm up apparently and looked very upset after the game, I think he knew it was pretty serious, such a shame as he had been playing well. That seems to be the way of it this season we have had so many senior pros out injured, never mind I am told Sutton is nice in September!

Nice bloke, average Div4 defender. Hope he has a 2 year deal and can help stabilize the Ewes in the Conference upon his return to fitness.

Back