• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Macdonald Fee Agreed

crossy7

Youth Team
Southend United have agreed terms with an unnamed League Two side over the sale of Charlie MacDonald.
The striker is now in discussions with the club about personal terms, with a view to completing a permanent switch.
The news comes after United rejected an offer last week from another League Two outfit, Brentford, for the former Ebbsfleet United forward.
Blues have also turned down a £25,000 offer from Blue Square Premier side Cambridge United, having already agreed a higher fee with another side.
MacDonald is one of seven Southend players that are currently on the transfer list at Roots Hall.

Why is that the team you picked in the "Mcdonald going to " sweepstake ???

wouldnt it be ironic if it was Hereford?

nah, its Gillingham

Bosman signings aren't "free" because the player gets a bigger signing on fee.

I would hazard a guess that the transfer fee we are asking for is roughly the signing on fee we owe(d) him.

My understanding is that normally a signing on fee is spread over the term of the contract, but if a player requests a transfer, he is no longer entitled to it. I imagine the club are just looking to recoup any outlay they have made.

My understanding is that normally a signing on fee is spread over the term of the contract, but if a player requests a transfer, he is no longer entitled to it. I imagine the club are just looking to recoup any outlay they have made.

hence why Drooo is so loaded- never asks for a transfer. well, he never got much in the way of goal bonuses.

Bosman signings aren't "free" because the player gets a bigger signing on fee.

I would hazard a guess that the transfer fee we are asking for is roughly the signing on fee we owe(d) him.

Isn't he also still under contract? In which case we have to pay out some part of the remainder.

my money is on Daggers!

Good shout - I'd say Dagenham or Gillingham are the two most likely suitors. Daggers will know all about him from their conference days and Gillingham are based in Kent - so nice and local for him - and have a thing about buying crap non-league players....

Back