• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Macdonald Fee Agreed

Brentford, well it is a fact they are interested, they had one bid turned down, so it's most likely them come back in surely.

I'm going for D&R too. I think Gills will be looking to bounce back up and would want a Striker with a proven Football League scoring record, not a non-league one. Daggers on the other hand will be glad to get a player who could keep them out of the drop zone, but do they have £30k'ish ?

i think its D&R probably pay in instalments or with cars for tilly and brush.

Cant see it being Loo Town - they have no money and starting with -10 points not a great move for Charlie Mac.

I reckon it'll be Brentford.

Blimey have they robbed a bank? Or found a sack of readies somewhere?

It can't actually be completed until next week when they've sorted out their position. I would suspect that others will come in for him now. For one, I believe Cambridge are going to make a renewed bid.

Yeah I heard Luton on the radio last night, he'll go there as he wants to prove himself a league level, he's already proved himself in the BSP.

Good Luck to him.

Yeah I heard Luton on the radio last night, he'll go there as he wants to prove himself a league level, he's already proved himself in the BSP.

Good Luck to him.

Hmm aren't Luton gonna be starting on minus 25 points? There's only one way they are going!

Surely if LooTown are deep in financial mire and in debt by hundreds of thousands of pounds they shouldn't be allowed to spend money on transfer fees?!?

Charlie Macdonald -

"There is interest but i don't think the right one (Club) has come in yet."

As taken from the Southend Echo.

I think the Daggers would be a great move for MacDonald.

He'd be in a no win situation IMO. He'd be expected to fire Luton up the league, which with a start of minus 25 points, that would be extremely difficult. If he hits 12-15 goals at Daggers and helps keep them in the football league, which is much more realistic, then he will be regarded as a success.

Hello Shrimpers, Dagger on board. Hope you can sell Mcdonald to looton or cambridge simply because i doubt he is good enough to do it in the league. Was very surprised when you signed him from Gravesend before. Yes, he scores goals but as you go up the levels you need the other attributes to compliment that and i always thought Charlie was lacking.We have our own conference goal machine in Benson who struggled horrendously last year after injuries and a lack of form. Its a tough old place the league....
away from that, good luck next year.. proper club. Keep hold of Tilly...

Back