• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher

Kris

Available in weeks, not months
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but can anyone clarify whether both of Maher's yellow cards from Yeovil count towards his overall tally of bookings, or does the second one automatically get expunged from the records because it became a red card?

It's just that should the former apply, by my calculation that would give Maher a tally of 9 bookings this season, and one more would mean a two-match ban.

I might be wrong, but by my reckoning his first booking on Saturday was his 8th of the season which will lead to a 2 match suspension. His sending off is a further 1 match suspension (as was not a straight red). Hopefully I'm wrong.

According to the FA:

Kevin Andrew Maher will be suspended for 1 game.

Nice middle name you've got there Kev!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Nov. 23 2004,19:02)]According to the FA:

Kevin Andrew Maher will be suspended for 1 game.

Nice middle name you've got there Kev!
tounge.gif
Not very Irish is it?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 23 2004,18:54)]I might be wrong, but by my reckoning his first booking on Saturday was his 8th of the season which will lead to a 2 match suspension.  
I believe it goes up in batches of 5, i.e. 5 cautions - 1 match ban, 10 cautions - 2 match ban, 15 cautions - 3 match ban and (I think) hauled in front of the FA and fined, and so on ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] believe it goes up in batches of 5, i.e. 5 cautions - 1 match ban, 10 cautions - 2 match ban, 15 cautions - 3 match ban and (I think) hauled in front of the FA and fined, and so on ...

WS

Thats what my reckoning of it was.

PUNISHMENTS – Relating to First Team Competitive Matches

(a) CAUTIONS ADMINISTERED ON THE FIELD OF PLAY

(i) If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day in February in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -

One First Team Match

(ii) If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -

“Warned as to his Future Conduct”

(iii) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording five cautions and then proceeds to record a further five cautions during the same Season, will be subject to the following punishments: -

(iv) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering:-

Two First Team matches

(v) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -

“Severely Censured and Warned as to his future Conduct”

(vi) If a Player accumulates 15 recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening date of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -

Three First Team matches

(vii) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording five, ten and 15 cautions, and who goes on to record 20 cautions in FTCM in the same Season, shall be required to attend a meeting of a Disciplinary Commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The Members of a Commission will have the power to deal with the Player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions recorded against that Player.

(viii) Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence on the seventh day following the date of his last offence. The suspension will cover all approved First Team matches until such time as his Club’s First Team has completed the number of matches appropriate to the punishment in approved Competitions during the period covered by its opening league match and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in an approved domestic
Competition.

(ix) Any period of suspension or part thereof which remains outstanding at the end of a Season must be served at the commencement of the next following Season.

Source : The FA

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2004,19:34)]PUNISHMENTS – Relating to First Team Competitive Matches

(a) CAUTIONS ADMINISTERED ON THE FIELD OF PLAY

(i) If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day in February in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -

One First Team Match

(ii) If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -

“Warned as to his Future Conduct”

(iii) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording five cautions and then proceeds to record a further five cautions during the same Season, will be subject to the following punishments: -

(iv) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering:-

Two First Team matches

(v) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -

“Severely Censured and Warned as to his future Conduct”

(vi) If a Player accumulates 15 recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening date of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -

Three First Team matches

(vii) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording five, ten and 15 cautions, and who goes on to record 20 cautions in FTCM in the same Season, shall be required to attend a meeting of a Disciplinary Commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The Members of a Commission will have the power to deal with the Player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions recorded against that Player.

(viii) Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence on the seventh day following the date of his last offence. The suspension will cover all approved First Team matches until such time as his Club’s First Team has completed the number of matches appropriate to the punishment in approved Competitions during the period covered by its opening league match and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in an approved domestic
Competition.

(ix) Any period of suspension or part thereof which remains outstanding at the end of a Season must be served at the commencement of the next following Season.

Source : The FA

WS
That would look better displayed as a flow-chart complete with emoticons showing the FA's level of displeasure after each subsequent offence by a registered football league player.

It makes a mockery of the system of refereeing though, that a player can be hung up, tarred, drawn and quartered for racking up 'x' amount of bookings, where some of the offences committed were so innocuous, that with a little bit of discretion, (a quick word in the ear will do the trick normally!), the referee could use his/her common-sense, whilst still having full control of the game.

The Yellow/Red card system was introduced into the game for the safety of the players (and arguably the officials). It has been adapted to cover professional fouls, dissent etc. and rightly so, but even the referee doesn't always seem to have a solid grasp of the correct rulings to be applied and this is a sad testiment to the professional game, that our football teams have to put up with these idiots, even at the highest level where they should know the rules inside out!

(for example) Is a referee psycologically affected by a given match? if so, by how much? Take any team that visits Old Trafford for instance... when will an away team be awarded a penalty at Old Trafford this season? can you remember the last one? and the one before that? I'd say you could count the number of penalties awarded to an away team on one hand, since the Premiersh!te bagan in the early 90's... why? it can't be because ManUre always have the ball up the other end!!! but in more than a decade, how can a whole clutch of referee's NOT award penalties to the opponent, when there is clear and just cause in the ManUre penalty area?

Rules for one and rules for another I suppose, or are they just spineless tw@ts  
rock.gif

Why can't players hand out yellow and red cards to bad refs... then leading to suspensions and fines?

rock.gif

Life is soooo unfair!

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JĂĄvea Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2004,19:34)](viii) Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence on the seventh day following the date of his last offence.
In my reckoning, that means he's suspended as of Saturday, not Friday. Can anyone confirm that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SoC @ Nov. 24 2004,09:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JĂĄvea Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2004,19:34)](viii) Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence on the seventh day following the date of his last offence.
In my reckoning, that means he's suspended as of Saturday, not Friday. Can anyone confirm that?
No, because he is suspended for a red card not for accumulated yellows, therefore his suspension is immediate.

Southend United FC
Kevin Andrew Maher
Suspended from ALL FIRST TEAM football until the Club have completed 1 FIRST TEAM match for a Sending Off in a match played on 20/11/2004.Start date: 20/11/2004 - End date: 26/11/2004

From The FA

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2004,19:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 23 2004,18:54)]I might be wrong, but by my reckoning his first booking on Saturday was his 8th of the season which will lead to a 2 match suspension.  
I believe it goes up in batches of 5, i.e. 5 cautions - 1 match ban, 10 cautions - 2 match ban, 15 cautions - 3 match ban and (I think) hauled in front of the FA and fined, and so on ...

WS
Thanks for clearing this one up. I seem to remember that the cut off points used to be 5, 8 & 10 bookings in the days when you had a booking scrubbed from your record if you went 5 games without a booking. I take it this 5 game rule has been droppoed (sorry, don't have time to read the full rules)?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Nov. 24 2004,09:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SoC @ Nov. 24 2004,09:31)]Ah, yes. Forgot two yellows = a red.
You're not a qualified referee then?
I'm not even a qualified supporter!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SoC @ Nov. 24 2004,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Nov. 24 2004,09:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SoC @ Nov. 24 2004,09:31)]Ah, yes. Forgot two yellows = a red.
You're not a qualified referee then?
I'm not even a qualified supporter!
Did yggiW* tell you that?

biggrin.gif

* Reader will have to reverse the spelling to get the name... as merely spelling his name in the correct order brings me out in a nasty rash.

Back