• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

I get the feeling Lampard was appointed because of the transfer ban, big name managers aren't going to want to go to a club that can't buy players so Chelsea's options were going to be limited to managers yet to make a name for themselves, and aside from a club legend the fans wouldn't react well to someone like that being appointed.

Terry McPhillips stands down as Blackpool Manager.

Blackpool appoint Simon Grayson on a two year contract.

Going from Rafa to Steve Bruce! Incredible, Ashley really is an idiot.

Last edited:
I think Steve Bruce is a decent enough manager. He's also a Newcastle fan and steeped in the history of the place and the area, the romantic in me loves that and refuses to accept that a fan going to manage their club is anything but great. I think he'll do alright and I hope he does.

I think Steve Bruce is a decent enough manager. He's also a Newcastle fan and steeped in the history of the place and the area, the romantic in me loves that and refuses to accept that a fan going to manage their club is anything but great. I think he'll do alright and I hope he does.

I suppose it depends on how you define "alright" really.In his particular case (and Newcastle's) I'd be astonished if it meant anything less than relegation.

Now confirmed. God help them eh @Lost Mackem?

I've been on the vodka celebrating for the past day.

I don't think it's that bad of an appointment as what is being made out. Whoever they brought in it would have been a bad appointment in their eyes as it's not their "world class Rafa". Unless they were jumping to another world class manager there was inevitable outrage.

If he does well, he does well - but the meltdown from their fans has been a brilliant watch. Their self-entitlement is fantastic.

Listening to talksport last night was great fun. I had the bingo card out for the following phrases:
"We're a massive club and deserve better"
"Nobody will ever replace wor Rafa"
"He's the best since sir Bobby"
"How's he going to cope with 52,000 screaming geordies putting pressure on him every other week"
"One city, One club, One United" (A grown man said this).
"We deserve better than Steve Bruce"

Bruce's comments in the past about them haven't went down great with them either.

To rub it in a bit more, Sheff Wed have released this statement.

Roker Rapport on Twitter

SAFC fans' take.

Last edited:
From reports I've read, It seems that Sheff Wed wanted about £5Million compensation for Newcastle taking their Manager and 2 assistants with only 3 weeks to go before the start of the new season. They were still haggling when Bruce and Co jumped ship. So the deal wasn't finalised.
Legal action will now take place unless dodgy Mike Ashley settles out of court. So they can take action against Newcastle, and Bruce and Co if they wish.

From reports I've read, It seems that Sheff Wed wanted about £5Million compensation for Newcastle taking their Manager and 2 assistants with only 3 weeks to go before the start of the new season. They were still haggling when Bruce and Co jumped ship. So the deal wasn't finalised.
Legal action will now take place unless dodgy Mike Ashley settles out of court. So they can take action against Newcastle, and Bruce and Co if they wish.

Mike Ashley is definitely a mackem. The fat, beautiful man.

Back