• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

Bolton appoint Keith Hill would’ve had him instead of Bond.

Cowley’s in advanced talks to take over at Sheff Wed.

Cowley’s in advanced talks to take over at Sheff Wed.

Turned down Huddersfield, Sheff Wed and West Brom.

Wonder what it’ll take for them to leave Lincoln?

Turned down Huddersfield, Sheff Wed and West Brom.

Wonder what it’ll take for them to leave Lincoln?
Promotion to the Championship with Lincoln and then bring on the really big boys? If it is that then that may be a dangerous game to play, just ask Tilly.

Promotion to the Championship with Lincoln and then bring on the really big boys? If it is that then that may be a dangerous game to play, just ask Tilly.

Probably should’ve gone for the Norwich job.

Thing is though Lincoln have a new stadium properly on the way (IIRC) and support enough to get say 15k average in the Championship. They have supportive and not-potless owners. The Cowleys have never managed in the second tier. Lincoln may never have been in the second tier. You could argue that for both of them their best chance of first time success is to go there together. The culture, players, staff, atmosphere has all been built over years by the Cowleys why chuck all that away for the total unknown of a new club, league, set of players and set of problems?

If I were the Cowleys I would stick where I am this year and next too and aim to stay in the Championship. By that time they will be in the box seat for a plum mid-table Prem offer and that’s the only one they should take. Stick with Lincoln and take them as far as you can and cement your legend status. I have complete confidence that the Cowleys could both take Lincoln up and keep them up. The Prem feels a bit of a fantasy with Lincoln but hey we had close-ish brushes ourselves once or twice and Lincoln are no less likely to make it than ourselves or Bournemouth.

Or Phil Brown. I'm sure the Cowley's will have more offers. After all we now have an endless merry-go-round in the management world.

Thing is though Lincoln have a new stadium properly on the way (IIRC) and support enough to get say 15k average in the Championship. They have supportive and not-potless owners. The Cowleys have never managed in the second tier. Lincoln may never have been in the second tier. You could argue that for both of them their best chance of first time success is to go there together. The culture, players, staff, atmosphere has all been built over years by the Cowleys why chuck all that away for the total unknown of a new club, league, set of players and set of problems?

If I were the Cowleys I would stick where I am this year and next too and aim to stay in the Championship. By that time they will be in the box seat for a plum mid-table Prem offer and that’s the only one they should take. Stick with Lincoln and take them as far as you can and cement your legend status. I have complete confidence that the Cowleys could both take Lincoln up and keep them up. The Prem feels a bit of a fantasy with Lincoln but hey we had close-ish brushes ourselves once or twice and Lincoln are no less likely to make it than ourselves or Bournemouth.

Agree with most of your post but you have to also have supportive residents a supportive council and clearly not in our case but perhaps most importantly, supportive council staff in the building/development section of your local council

As I and many others have found out, expensive and totally unnecessary delays can be caused by one piece of paperwork not completed by some complete waste of space working for our council.

Last edited:
Danny Cowley has agreed to become Huddersfields new manager

Bloody hell!
Can see why they want to leave Lincoln.Why their stock is very high leave and potential at a bigger club and the much bigger wages etc.Look at Steve Tilson he stayed with us and missed out on bigger opportunities contracts elsewhere

Can see why they want to leave Lincoln.Why their stock is very high leave and potential at a bigger club and the much bigger wages etc.Look at Steve Tilson he stayed with us and missed out on bigger opportunities contracts elsewhere
Oh I agree, but in interviews he always seemed to bang on about his long-term project at Lincoln and how he wanted to see it though, hence my surprise. If I was an Imps fan I'd be ****ing gutted.

Oh I agree, but in interviews he always seemed to bang on about his long-term project at Lincoln and how he wanted to see it though, hence my surprise. If I was an Imps fan I'd be ****ing gutted.
Yeah he seemed to be happy theer but has thought with his head.Contract at Huddersfield could be life changing amount of money and if things go wrong there should still be able to get another job in league one or two

Back