• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

I used to run quite regularly with a sports journalist, and as you run you talk, especially sport, and Bruce was this guy's most detested manager; apparently he regularly, deliberately either made "no shows" or very late, would be aggressive, arrogant and unhelpful etc;- more than was normal, and seemed to like "the power" over people who were trying to get on with their jobs.
The NUFC job is a poison chalice but Bruce will know he will be given "credit" for taking it in the face of huge issues etc, by many: however the FACT he will be getting very well paid, a three year deal, potential huge pay off etc is less obvious. Bruce will pocket the money, act the stressed, hard done by local bloke trying his best in adversity etc and SOME may be fooled.

I used to run quite regularly with a sports journalist, and as you run you talk, especially sport, and Bruce was this guy's most detested manager; apparently he regularly, deliberately either made "no shows" or very late, would be aggressive, arrogant and unhelpful etc;- more than was normal, and seemed to like "the power" over people who were trying to get on with their jobs.
The NUFC job is a poison chalice but Bruce will know he will be given "credit" for taking it in the face of huge issues etc, by many: however the FACT he will be getting very well paid, a three year deal, potential huge pay off etc is less obvious. Bruce will pocket the money, act the stressed, hard done by local bloke trying his best in adversity etc and SOME may be fooled.

Worst paid manager in the Premier League apparently.

Am I the only who thinks his impressions are terrible?

I like the bloke. its more about the comedy than the accuracy of the accent etc.

Macclesfield part company with Sol Campbell.

Sol Campbell did a great job helping them survive relegation with no money. They lost just 2 or their last 10 games. Also, players not being paid could have affected results, but he got them playing. Some of the former players rightly wanting their wages, is what the latest winding up petition is about.

Sol Campbell did a great job helping them survive relegation with no money. They lost just 2 or their last 10 games. Also, players not being paid could have affected results, but he got them playing. Some of the former players rightly wanting their wages, is what the latest winding up petition is about.
I agree pound for pound keeping Macclesfield up last year from when Campbell came in was one of the best managerial achievements of last season particularly for a rookie manager

Huddersfield have sacked Jan Siewart after losing at home to Fulham tonight. Only won once- against Wolves in nineteen games he was in charge.

Huddersfield have sacked Jan Siewart after losing at home to Fulham tonight. Only won once- against Wolves in nineteen games he was in charge.

Should never have sacked Wagner.

I know his record stinks but to sack him this early just seems odd. Surely you've got to give a manager 7-10 games of a new season. 3/4 games is dumb. If he's that bad sack him in the summer

Parkinson and his assistant resign from Bolton.

Back