• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

@Colchester and proud! Can you give an up date on the next shepherd?
Who knows the only certainty is it will be one of Robbies mates! We have a decent group of players but they need a manager who has experience and is up to the job. Sadly Wayne was a popular choice when appointed but he clearly wasn't able to cope at league two level.

Who knows the only certainty is it will be one of Robbies mates! We have a decent group of players but they need a manager who has experience and is up to the job. Sadly Wayne was a popular choice when appointed but he clearly wasn't able to cope at league two level.
If truth be known @Colchester and proud, you just know who it will be because he already has family in the County, and you lot know you deserve him.

I really don't understand the negativity surrounding Brown, I'd rather have him than Maher.
That's fine, you're welcome to your opinion. I've seen the difference between a Southend team led by Phil Brown in this division, and a team led by Maher, and I know which one I prefer. I don't think it's negativity, it's more a case of preference on my part.

That's fine, you're welcome to your opinion. I've seen the difference between a Southend team led by Phil Brown in this division, and a team led by Maher, and I know which one I prefer. I don't think it's negativity, it's more a case of preference on my part.

As you say, it's personal preference....... I can't see Maher lasting past Christmas if results don't pick up.

I always remember an early game this season when your fans were texting BBC Essex how bad you played in a defeat. All reports said it was one way traffic. The stats said something backing that up, I think it was 21 shots to 2 or similar. Then W.B. came on and said you were unlucky. Those sorts of managers that can't tell it like it is, never seem to do well.

Luke Garrard favourite with bookies for Col U. Always said I wouldn’t wish his brand of football on my worst enemy…but in this case I might make exceptions!

Luke Garrard favourite with bookies for Col U. Always said I wouldn’t wish his brand of football on my worst enemy…but in this case I might make exceptions!
In all seriousness though his brand of pragmatic football is probably well suited to the rigours of league two. Could be an astute signing for them.

I always remember an early game this season when your fans were texting BBC Essex how bad you played in a defeat. All reports said it was one way traffic. The stats said something backing that up, I think it was 21 shots to 2 or similar. Then W.B. came on and said you were unlucky. Those sorts of managers that can't tell it like it is, never seem to do well.

Wayne lost the plot a little I think, we have been terrible most of the season.

A team of thugs I believe, I don’t think that style would go down well with our fans, but yes it might save us from the trap door for a season or two.

Surely these managers know what they are signing up for when they take a job at these conveyor belt clubs. I presume Rob Edwards will get a decent pay off then pick and choose his next job back in league two.

The dream career is to be Chelsea manager get sacked then go to Watford #madeforlife in a few months

Surely these managers know what they are signing up for when they take a job at these conveyor belt clubs. I presume Rob Edwards will get a decent pay off then pick and choose his next job back in league two.
Mind you the way it’s going for Forest Green they might just take him back like Luton did with Nathan Jones.

Back