• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

A team of thugs I believe, I don’t think that style would go down well with our fans, but yes it might save us from the trap door for a season or two.

You say that but it’ll only take a handful of you to support him to win over a majority.

Surely these managers know what they are signing up for when they take a job at these conveyor belt clubs. I presume Rob Edwards will get a decent pay off then pick and choose his next job back in league two.

Do you think Tilly lies in bed at night thanking his lucky stars he turned down Norwich(?) to stay with us, where he had a job for life?

What’s the mood with the fans up there at the moment? I should I say fan as a singular? 😂 but jokes aside how are things? You ever think old Robbie boy is going to get ****ed off and sell?

The fans are not very happy to say the least TB! I don't think Robbie will sell up at present, the club has around £30 million in debts against its name all owed to Cowlings empire of companies but obviously that is not all really club debts. He has just bought a golf/country club for around £2 million and word is he wants to move our training ground over there after he purchases more land. The idea is he can build lots more houses (He has built lots already next door) on our current training ground in order to make lots of cash! (Much like uncle Ron) We are in the midst of getting a new manager but the real issue the fans feel is the people above who meddle in team affairs, we have far too many people in fancy roles which are not needed at league two level. We shall see, I think we have a decent squad but support is draining away fast at present due to the way the club is run.

You say that but it’ll only take a handful of you to support him to win over a majority.

Do you think Tilly lies in bed at night thanking his lucky stars he turned down Norwich(?) to stay with us, where he had a job for life?

Yes your right YB, results win over the doubters, if we pick up a few wins and get up the table the doubts on playing style will quickly be forgotten! I think David Artell is in the frame for manager at present but you never know these days, things can change quickly!

The fans are not very happy to say the least TB! I don't think Robbie will sell up at present, the club has around £30 million in debts against its name all owed to Cowlings empire of companies but obviously that is not all really club debts. He has just bought a golf/country club for around £2 million and word is he wants to move our training ground over there after he purchases more land. The idea is he can build lots more houses (He has built lots already next door) on our current training ground in order to make lots of cash! (Much like uncle Ron) We are in the midst of getting a new manager but the real issue the fans feel is the people above who meddle in team affairs, we have far too many people in fancy roles which are not needed at league two level. We shall see, I think we have a decent squad but support is draining away fast at present due to the way the club is run.
What type of crowds you getting at the moment? Never understood Colchester large enough place, even in Southends darkest days (we have had plenty) our fans always turn out

Yes your right YB, results win over the doubters, if we pick up a few wins and get up the table the doubts on playing style will quickly be forgotten! I think David Artell is in the frame for manager at present but you never know these days, things can change quickly!
How many managers have you been through recently? Seems a lot

What type of crowds you getting at the moment? Never understood Colchester large enough place, even in Southends darkest days (we have had plenty) our fans always turn out

3K is good for us, some fans won’t attend home games at all and just travel away as they don’t agree with RC.

Looks like our friends up the A12 are getting anxious as to who will be appointment as there new manager

Nothing yet but due to be announced today, strong rumours it is ex Ipswich and Wycombe midfielder Matt Bloomfield taking on his 1st role as a manager, most of us including me are very underwhelmed!
Yes I saw that if I was you I too would be the same.Good luck if it is think you need an experience manager clearly RC going for the cheap option

Yes since Robbie Cowling took over here in 2006 we have had 10 managers, but in the last 7 years we have had 7 managers!

That’s more managers than fans!

Mind you in that time I think we’ve had 9 different managers (with two of them serving twice) albeit four of the 11 appointments were caretakers. Naming all of them is too tricky a Sporcle quiz even for @Napster.

Back