• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

Brendan Rodgers has left Leicester City by mutual consent could he be off to Spurs they tried for him before.

mutual consent? losing to Crystal Palace hardly helped
Mutual consent basically means the manager has been sacked but agreed to a severance fee (sacked managers are entitled to wait out the contract and keep getting paid if they want to).

Brendan Rodgers has left Leicester City by mutual consent could he be off to Spurs they tried for him before.
I'll be surprised, as they are more ambitious than that. He's not got the greatest Managers record. His best spell was at Celtic, when they were head and shoulders above everyone else in Scotland, and would have won the trophies no matter who was in charge. Rangers were going through their really skint period.

I'll be surprised, as they are more ambitious than that. He's not got the greatest Managers record. His best spell was at Celtic, when they were head and shoulders above everyone else in Scotland, and would have won the trophies no matter who was in charge. Rangers were going through their really skint period.
who are? Spurs?!?

Usually I'd say sacking a manager so quickly would be ridiculous but he's been an absolute disaster at Chelsea. Serves them right though for sacking Tuchel in the first place.

5 year contract.
£21 ,mill to Brighton.
If the FA can't see a few problems they may as well stop talking about fair play and FFP etc.

No shock there. Chelsea really are a basket case!
They have made the right decision though. potter shouldn't got the job in the first place in my opinion. Seeing Leicester have sacked Rodgers, I would say the Leicester job is potter level. Chelsea need manager who is proven winner..... if I was Chelsea I would go get julian nagelsmann now.

Is that eleven Premier League sackings this season? Who is next, Moyes, Cooper or Klopp?

They have made the right decision though. potter shouldn't got the job in the first place in my opinion. Seeing Leicester have sacked Rodgers, I would say the Leicester job is potter level. Chelsea need manager who is proven winner..... if I was Chelsea I would go get julian nagelsmann now.
Why shouldn’t he have got the job? He was a good up and coming manager. He had done wonders at Swansea and Brighton. Experience as a manager overseas, what just because he’s not a big name and had loads of trophies to his name he shouldn’t be in with a shout?

The difference is, if you choose a manager like him you need to give him time. Look at Arteta at Arsenal, he could’ve been sacked a couple of times early on.

Why shouldn’t he have got the job? He was a good up and coming manager. He had done wonders at Swansea and Brighton. Experience as a manager overseas, what just because he’s not a big name and had loads of trophies to his name he shouldn’t be in with a shout?

The difference is, if you choose a manager like him you need to give him time. Look at Arteta at Arsenal, he could’ve been sacked a couple of times early on.
Unfortunately at club like Chelsea you are expected to win and potter has failed..... 11th in the Premier league is atrocious. He did ok job at Brighton but nothing spectacular. Arteta gave himself time after winning the fa cup but your right he could of been sacked during arsenal poor run couple years back but arsenal aren't spending huge amounts of money on players compared to Chelsea. I just feel Chelsea need a proven winner and it normally works for Chelsea to. A manager like potter was never going to work at Chelsea, personally I thought tuchel should of been given more time but think there were issues behind the scenes which cost him his job.

Back