• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tranmerefan

Greetings from a Tranmere fan :smile: .

We have today signed Marc Laird who you recently released.What can we expect from him please ? Were you glad to see him go ?

Plus his wife and the family's was based in Manchester, while he was down south for the like of Orient and us, good move for him to be near home.

Disappointed but not surprised to see him go.

He ran over Phil Brown's cat and was frozen out of the first team.

He's an energetic, intelligent player. Good at pressing high up the pitch. Doesn't take unnecessary touches and keeps the ball moving. We generally looked a better team with rather than without him.

If Sarfend had kept Lairdonardo Messi in the side last season, they'd have been promoted. Automatically.

Looked good for us i thought,Brown just did not seem to rate him.Glad he has got a move sorted out.

Good player, works hard, get stuck in, good both defensively and in attack. Think he was unlucky as he got injured at a crucial time in the season and were also pretty heavy in midfield.

Is he really that good ?
We seem to have got a good player so will be interesting to see what Tranmere fans think of him.
Thanks for all the comments .

No thats a bit over the top.

He is a good player but we have a good midfield trio and he couldnt get in the side following an injury.
If we didnt have the players we had last season I would have loved to see him in the side.

So that said I cant agree he was the best player we had for years, because if he was he would have played.

Im in Australia so never seen him play, but seeing as the fans here on Shrimpermoan like him , id say he had a lot going for him. Mark my words if he was useless the fans here would have let him and you know .:smile:

Is he really that good ?
We seem to have got a good player so will be interesting to see what Tranmere fans think of him.
Thanks for all the comments .

He is solid and more than capable at this level. I would say he was our 4th best midfielder last season and probably on decent money so it made sense for him to go.

I don't think you will be amazed by him but I would say he wont ever let you down either. Good engine and a touch of class when needed.

As others have said, good, solid player in the middle, probably more a defensive midfielder but does have the ability to push forward too. Trouble for us was that we had too many of a similar type, and for whatever reason, he just didn't fit in in Brown's plans.

Im in Australia so never seen him play, but seeing as the fans here on Shrimpermoan like him , id say he had a lot going for him. Mark my words if he was useless the fans here would have let him and you know .:smile:

Ha yes exactly the same on our Tranmere board ! Must say i was pleasantly surprised that all the comments made by your fans about Laird were so positive.Some of our lot are negative, even before they have seen a new player.

Lairdy always plays better once he has been kicked or knocked about and then his aggression makes him purr. A nice gent to talk with, not a big head, quiet and modest.

I'm sure he'll do a decent job for you in League Two, unfortunately he just didn't fit in with Brown's squad. We had a lot of central midfielders last season and his injuries kind of put him at the back of the pecking order. He's a good defensive midfielder, good tackler who keeps it simple. He's very tall so useful in the air, unusual for a central midfielder. A good egg too.

He's one we just know will play a blinder against us and have us all even more confused about why we let him go.

Back