• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One of the calmest players I've ever seen in a blue shirt. A really excellent player for us and it's beyond me why we let him go.

I'm a big fan of Laird and like many others I am clueless as to why Brown did not rate him, a real shame that he left albeit inevitable. The one start he was afforded in recent times was away to Northampton when he was head and shoulders above all of the other Southend players.

Energetic, calm and a good passer of the ball - I wish him luck and will certainly be giving him a good reception him when he play against us.

Massive Laird fan. Gutted he's gone. If you appreciate a good footballer with a good brain then you will love Laird.

I'm not sure it was necessarily Brown that didn't rate him. As I have mentioned before, a director of the club told me after Laird's first season with us, that they were trying to get rid of him. It could be possible Brown didn't play him for a reason related to that, but obviously I don't know and I'm not wishing to start off a conspiracy!

I'm not sure it was necessarily Brown that didn't rate him. As I have mentioned before, a director of the club told me after Laird's first season with us, that they were trying to get rid of him. It could be possible Brown didn't play him for a reason related to that, but obviously I don't know and I'm not wishing to start off a conspiracy!

If we wanted rid of him that badly we would have done what we did with Reid. ie got rid of him.

If we wanted rid of him that badly we would have done what we did with Reid. ie got rid of him.

Yep, the only reason I mention it is because it came from a director. He wouldn't say we wanted rid of him unless we actually did, but obviously we don't know what was going on. I'm just offering an alternative view to "Brown didn't rate him".

Yep, the only reason I mention it is because it came from a director. He wouldn't say we wanted rid of him unless we actually did, but obviously we don't know what was going on. I'm just offering an alternative view to "Brown didn't rate him".

Point taken but don't buy it - Brown simply didn't see him in his plans. Be nice to see Brown signing his new deal mind as I wouldn't be impressed to see Laird let go and then the manager "does one".

Sorry to disagree but he was too negative a player for me, although couldn't fault his effort and work rate. Broke down too many counter attacks by stopping at the centre line and passing sideways or backwards!

Joined Sturrock at Yeovil

I thought Laird was awful when we played Tranmere at home last season but they were also by far the worst side I saw us play last season so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Could work out a very good signing for Yeovil!

I would love to see Yeovil get top Severn and have a real go at getting back in league one under sturrock.

Good luck to him. Lairdy always gave his best but for me he just wasn't up to the standard required for a passing team.

Hope he does well down at there in the green and white. :thumbsup:

Back