• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Milligan opinion

Having watched nearly every game on iPlayer this season (don't ask me why as even I do not know the answer) I can say, from what I've seen, he has been very poor. Seems to lack the legs, gives the ball away with woeful passes and doesn't offer protection to the back line.

*edited wofel spelling spelling of woeful. ;-)

Last edited:
Having watched nearly every game on iPlayer this season (don't ask me why as even I do not know the answer) I can say, from what I've seen, he has been very poor. Seems to lack the legs, gives the ball away with wofel passes and doesn't offer protection to the back line.

That's exactly what I think OS having seen practically all our games on iFollow too.Thought he looked marginally better in the flesh (home to Ipswich) but clearly he's too old and not good enough for L1.

Last edited:
Uninterested about sums it up for me. I think he is one of those players that came here for a last pay day. I have watched him closely and he just strolls about, never really looks to link up play anywhere and has no idea when he gets the ball,apart from looking backwards or at the most sideways to pass that hot potato on.

I don't like knocking any of our own players, but he is not helping us at all. It has got to the point that I now groan when I see his name on the teamsheet.

It's a classic case of cause and effect for me.

I think there's obviously a good player in there but as the results deteriorate, so has his performances and consequently his desire.

There were odd patches in the last home game where he reads the game quite well and anticipates things, but at this level, it needs a little bit more than that.

In short, if we were winning I think he'd be a contributory factor, but as we are losing he might similarly be.

Uninterested about sums it up for me. I think he is one of those players that came here for a last pay day.

But look at the calibre of some others who have done that - Anton for me, is a prime example of someone who did exactly that but played according to his limitations and used his nous to cover what his body couldn't. Michael Turner similarly, and I'd also say Marc-Antoine Fortune did too.

Milligan just doesn't do that, and so much of his passing is backwards. I have no idea how he's played in his prime, but I can't believe he's always played so much to invite pressure on the defenders.

His signing is one of our biggest disappointments.

Last edited:
OBL comments are spot on especially the comparisons with Anton and Fortune ...probably the worst signing of the lot pre season .We knew that this area was the crucial signing after last season ,even more so are letting Dru go....We needed a real blood and guts leader who could organise and control play.Instead we got a player showing none of those qualities who doesn't know what a forward pass is.We also thought an International captain with so much experience would motivate and lead ....must be one of the biggest disappointments in our history

Last edited:
Poor, passes backwards and sideways and when he has played well it's normally just for the first half as doesn't look fit enough. He's a prime example of the poor recruitment at the club as another who is just not suited to League One football, one along with Kiernan and Bishop i'd be looking to improve upon in January if possible

But look at the calibre of some others who have done that - Anton for me, is a prime example of someone who did exactly that but played according to his limitations and used his nous to cover what his body couldn't. Michael Turner similarly, and I'd also say Marc-Antoine Fortune did too.

Millican just doesn't do that, and so much of his passing is backwards. I have no idea how he's played in his prime, but I can't believe he's always played so much to invite pressure on the defenders.

His signing is one of our biggest disappointments.

I've actually watched him a lot for Australia as I was good friends with the Sainsbury family when I lived in Oz and Trent Sainsbury is ever-present at CB for the socceroos. In the last few years he has been superb, I started watching from the 2015 Asian cup win and he has been ever present as a CENTRE BACK. He always looks quite assured on the ball but is never relied upon to do anything creative and he certainly benefits from having Trent (a very mobile and more commanding in the air CB) playing along side him. The defence was great in the 2018 world cup match against France where a harsh penalty and own goal undid the Aussies in what was a very close match. You'd have thought a man who was handling Greizman and Mbappe would be more than adequate in league 1 just over a year later. Just goes to show the massive decline you see in a player when their legs go. It still baffles me why we signed him and play him as a CM though!

Typical of Bond's signings, All players seemed to be rushed in with no real thought. Sign first, ask questions later...

Abysmal. I genuinely think he’s been stunned at how competitive the third tier of English football is. Granted he’s had a good international career but his club career has been crap, played at a terrible standard

Disappointing. There is a player in there somewhere, and I think he can play the odd incisive ball forward, and looks for that, however as AndyT said earlier in the thread, I think the fact that he is in a poor side has made him look poorer. Always going backwards, being overrun etc.

I think in a better side, he would be a better player, but would also need the right midfield partner beside him. Ironically, I think Dru would of been perfect!!

Not fit to lace Stuart Thurgood's boots.

Milligan should never wear another Blues shirt in his life no matter how much he is being paid.

No pride, no encouragement, no effort, nothing.

Up there with Brian Lloyd (another international) as the worst signing ever.

Perhaps coming from Oz he thinks the football league is upside down, we are actually second in the league and he thinks his performances are great

Abysmal. I genuinely think he’s been stunned at how competitive the third tier of English football is. Granted he’s had a good international career but his club career has been crap, played at a terrible standard

I think it's the opposite and the problem is more his team-mates aren't good enough to receive the ball and play it back/along the back line in order to go forward again. Those passes would work in the Championship. They'd probably work in most other League One sides.

Back