• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
Good morning Shrimpers,

I have a thread in the charity forum, but I've not had much in the way of feedback so far. I thought I'd put the questions here to see if I might get a bit more feedback. Any advise will be greatly received. For full details, please see the charity forum:

1) Last year, the game was played at Burnham Ramblers in Burnham-on-Crouch. Would you be prepared to travel that far to watch a Southend United legends side play? The reason it was played here is because they gave me the hire of the pitch, changing rooms and bar free of charge, so all money raised went to charity instead of paying off pitch hire etc.

2) Iā€™m looking into the possibility of playing the game at Roots Hall, as I know you can hire the pitch having played there before. Would you come to Roots Hall and watch the game? If itā€™s played at Roots Hall it takes away the possibility of bouncy castles, pony rides and 5-a-side for kids which we had last year.

3) One date that I had in mind was Saturday 30th May. If interested, would you be able to make the game?

4) The price was Ā£5 for adults and kids went free of charge with a paying adult last time. Do you think these prices are fair?

5) What you like to see some form of entertainment pre or post match? Thoughts have including live music at half-time or before the game or possibly stand up comedy and a disco in the evening.

6) What players would you like to see playing? Last year, I had a squad of 21 the week before the event, which resulted in just 8 legends, plus Dave Huzzey (Youth team coach). The players who played last year were Simon Francis, Adam Barrett, Leo Roget, Che Wilson, Kevin Maher, Mark Gower, Lawrie Dudfield & Ben Abbey. All of these have been invited back if this goes ahead. Without a date so far, I have 11 ex-Southend United players who are willing to play providing the date doesnā€™t clash.

7) Finally, would you be interested in buying tickets before the event? Wouldn't be reserved seating, but would save you paying on the gate.

Bump.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I raised Ā£2000 last time on a date that clashed with Burton Albion vs Southend. Would love to raise even more money, and have plenty of Shrimpers there to see our past heroes.

Back