• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
First of all it was not the TBV starting Martin out chants it was me.

Started watching the Blues back in 87 and have been to 86 grounds and watched 100's of games.

I am a true fan and this season I refused to go because RON MARTIN has ruined my club.

I decided that if I could not support the team (as I have so much hatred of Ron Martin) than that is not fair to the players, so decided to stay away.

However Saturday I thought I would go along and support the team.

What I witnessed was pubs empty, colours not being worn as much and a real lack of passion from the fans

This was all before game had even started

All I want to say is while that man is in charge of our Club I will not be back at Roots Hall and I feel gutted typing this.

I love the ground, the fans and the team but I hate 1 man.

I have seen what many have written on here about dont go if you dont want to support the team. So I wont go, as all I want to do is let Martin know how I feel.

Looking forward to BBC essex going forward

Started watching the Blues back in 87 and have been to 86 grounds and watched 100's of games.

I am a true fan and this season I refused to go because RON MARTIN has ruined my club.

I decided that if I could not support the team (as I have so much hatred of Ron Martin) than that is not fair to the players, so decided to stay away.

What I witnessed was pubs empty, colours not being worn as much and a real lack of passion from the fans

All I want to say is while that man is in charge of our Club I will not be back at Roots Hall and I feel gutted typing this.

I have seen what many have written on here about dont go if you dont want to support the team. So I wont go, as all I want to do is let Martin know how I feel.

You are not alone in your views.

fair enough, I think you have made the correct decision. I think we all look forward to the day when you are able to enjoy watching Southend again

What a joke. We have all been 100's of times and we keep going because we are southend through and through. You turn up once in a blue moon and start chanting Ron out. Please stay away and dont come again. Your not wanted. Don't even tune your radio in because your not interested.

What a joke. We have all been 100's of times and we keep going because we are southend through and through. You turn up once in a blue moon and start chanting Ron out. Please stay away and dont come again. Your not wanted. Don't even tune your radio in because your not interested.

Hes a good mate of mine I want him there

a real lack of passion from the fans

I still go but i totally agree with this. I dont know how people can sit there and not do anything to let Ron know they are unhappy with the way he is running the club.

I hear excuses of 'it wont make any difference' and maybe it wont but i would rather let him know that i think the way he has acted is disgraceful.

It kind of makes me feel that some of our so called fans are getting what they deserve for the lack of effort to do anything at all.

I still vividly remember the chants of Rowley out. Then just as vividly Jobson out. In comparison Jobson is a saint. That didn't overly affect the team at the time because the fans made a point of getting behind them at the same time. You can do both. Its much more effective when the team is struggling in a game to give them support and when they are on top to do the Martin out chants.

I still vividly remember the chants of Rowley out. Then just as vividly Jobson out. In comparison Jobson is a saint. That didn't overly affect the team at the time because the fans made a point of getting behind them at the same time. You can do both. Its much more effective when the team is struggling in a game to give them support and when they are on top to do the Martin out chants.

I seem to remember Jobson being very upset after the pitch invasion and 'Jobson out' chanting at the directors box. He soon left the club after that. Did something there didnt it!

I seem to remember Jobson being very upset after the pitch invasion and 'Jobson out' chanting at the directors box. He soon left the club after that. Did something there didnt it!

I do think we need to be careful. Life without Jobson seemed viable. Life without Martin (the ****) given our current situation may not be so palatable.

You are Ronnis favorite nephew and i claim my fiver,bossy boots.

Staying away from Roots Hall and not 'supporting' your team is not big and it not clever. There are other ways of showing your displeasure - if all the people who don't come to home games because they 'hate' Ron Martin actually did come - and supported the Club, then we may not have have ended up in a embargo situation and could have strengthened the team!

Well done for owning up, the others were quick to take your lead, personally, as I've already said on the other threads about it, I though it was ill timed and non productive. If you're going to do it, then please don't start when we're 1 nil down. Sturrocks message yesterday "cheers not jeers" would seem to have been aimed at you. Making a choice to stay away is your prerogative, again, personally, I will continue going as I support the team​ not the man.

I understand why people were chanting on saturday and whilst I also agree with the 'get behind the team' comments, its the only way that the ordinary fan can get across a message about the way the club is being run.
For my mind, Ron Martin cost us the game on Sat, a lack of midfielders due to an embargo of his making meant too many players out of position and no one able to be loaned in / signed.
Maybe one answer is to have a look at other clubs where a protest has taken place in a certain minute of the game (either chanting, holding up a large red card etc?), and for the other 89 mins the crowd will back the team. Any thoughts?

For my mind, Ron Martin cost us the game on Sat, a lack of midfielders due to an embargo of his making meant too many players out of position and no one able to be loaned in / signed.

That is the biggest load of bollocks ever. Was Ron Martin on the pitch, did he back off and fail to make a tackle on Ricky Holmes during his mazy run leading up to his goal? Did he fail to block a shot at the near post? No. He didn't. Saturday was not his fault, imo it was down to a goalie returning without full confidence, and a midfield playing in an unfamiliar set up. Not down to Martin, but Sturrock's selections not doing their jobs.

That is the biggest load of bollocks ever. Was Ron Martin on the pitch, did he back off and fail to make a tackle on Ricky Holmes during his mazy run leading up to his goal? Did he fail to block a shot at the near post? No. He didn't. Saturday was not his fault, imo it was down to a goalie returning without full confidence, and a midfield playing in an unfamiliar set up. Not down to Martin, but Sturrock's selections not doing their jobs.

Spot on,you have to look at some of sturrocks selections left a midfielder/winger on the bench in favour of a leftback to play in midfield.Should he have put Tomlin in midfield as he was claiming to be an attacking one,and Eastwood up front he supposed to be a striker but was made to play in midfield.
As for the youngsters,whats the point having them on the books or even in the club if you are not prepared to give them a try,why did he drop Bentley he has been ok in the games that he has played in goal,we all remember how well the youngsters did for Crewe last season so give them a chance.

Totally agree with your view Wardy but unlike you i 'll go to the games. Until he comes up with some goods and not just mere promises he'll just receive this grief! In the meantime lets get behind the team!

Bollocks mate. I haven't been to a home match since 2005 because of what's happening at the club, out of principle. Not based on rumours - based on facts that I am 'privileged' to know due to my position and contacts.

Had I been there, I'd have expressed my displeasure at the cancer within the club too. It's not the fans who aren't wanted...

Why was the set up unfamiliar? Due to a lack of midfielders due to an embargo...

Back