• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is a big difference between being suspected of something and actually admitting to it. Ask Lance Armstrong and Jimmy Shagille.

:thumbsup:

Are you saying we arent skint and the accounts are wrong as is Ron when he said we would lose 500 k this year....perhaps this is a lightbulb moment!

We're really doing this to death aren't we? Nobody knows what Ron's plans are.

Having got this far down the road, he's probably done enough to be able to sell the land with planning permissions and potential partners to somebody else to finish off. Alternatively there's enough cash in this deal for Ron to be able to sell another piece of the pie to finance the development himself if that's the better option for him.

There's an enormous pot of gold at the end of the FF rainbow. He's not going to change his plans because a few disgruntled supporters shout rude things about him.

On the other hand there are lot of nasty things a vindictive club owner could do if he got really peed-off. That worries me more at the moment to be honest.

We're really doing this to death aren't we? Nobody knows what Ron's plans are.

Having got this far down the road, he's probably done enough to be able to sell the land with planning permissions and potential partners to somebody else to finish off. Alternatively there's enough cash in this deal for Ron to be able to sell another piece of the pie to finance the development himself if that's the better option for him.

There's an enormous pot of gold at the end of the FF rainbow. He's not going to change his plans because a few disgruntled supporters shout rude things about him.

On the other hand there are lot of nasty things a vindictive club owner could do if he got really peed-off. That worries me more at the moment to be honest.

Well he's been building fossetts since 2008....then he had to scale down the statudium plans due to affordability.
I certainly cant see how Ron can finance this himself.

Are you saying we arent skint and the accounts are wrong as is Ron when he said we would lose 500 k this year....perhaps this is a lightbulb moment!

Of course we are skint, that's not the point. It's only incidentally about us. The fundamental question is, can RM put together a finance package sufficient to see Fossetts through?

Nobody is interested in whether SUFC are solvent, we are a League two club, of course we aren't. But financing for a big build is usually about persuading various financial institutions to cough up a portion of the cost for a nice return often involving a piece of the pie. RM doesn't actually have to have a penny to put towards it, apart from the land and the plans, and the land is often already being used as a surety What RM can't afford is for these Financiers to get cold feet because they have lost faith in RM's ability to see the project through, or for the Businesses who have booked units to pull out. It's all about confidence, and in the world of big finance, whether or not SUFC are losing money, or Ron is a shady character is not seen as particularly important. It simply comes down to "Is this project credible?" and with Sainsbury's so deeply involved, it still is.

Of course we are skint, that's not the point. It's only incidentally about us. The fundamental question is, can RM put together a finance package sufficient to see Fossetts through?

Nobody is interested in whether SUFC are solvent, we are a League two club, of course we aren't. But financing for a big build is usually about persuading various financial institutions to cough up a portion of the cost for a nice return often involving a piece of the pie. RM doesn't actually have to have a penny to put towards it, apart from the land and the plans, and the land is often already being used as a surety What RM can't afford is for these Financiers to get cold feet because they have lost faith in RM's ability to see the project through, or for the Businesses who have booked units to pull out. It's all about confidence, and in the world of big finance, whether or not SUFC are losing money, or Ron is a shady character is not seen as particularly important. It simply comes down to "Is this project credible?" and with Sainsbury's so deeply involved, it still is.

I agree with all of that and if the project is credible why wouldnt he want to seek investment publicly???

I agree with all of that and if the project is credible why wouldnt he want to seek investment publicly???

Because I suspect he has the finance in place, or nearly in place, to build Fossetts, the problem is keeping us afloat until then. In the scheme of things that's a detail, he isn't going to give up on a sizeable chunk of his profits if he muddle through with cup runs/player sales/mymateSaino's for what will be small change if it all comes off. I do think people are mixing up SUFC as a club with Fossetts as a project.

Because I suspect he has the finance in place, or nearly in place, to build Fossetts, the problem is keeping us afloat until then. In the scheme of things that's a detail, he isn't going to give up on a sizeable chunk of his profits if he muddle through with cup runs/player sales/mymateSaino's for what will be small change if it all comes off. I do think people are mixing up SUFC as a club with Fossetts as a project.

so there is no reason for him not seek the money publicly should he need to.

so there is no reason for him not seek the money publicly should he need to.

Who's going to invest in just the club? I'd love it if it could happen, but he holds all the cards - Roots Hall sold, and the only hope of a Stadium at Fossetts, so anyone buying SUFC would be handcuffed to Ron and whatever he wanted to charge for the Stadium rent. And as I have said, he doesn't want to rock the boat now he is so close to his dream.

Who's going to invest in just the club? I'd love it if it could happen, but he holds all the cards - Roots Hall sold, and the only hope of a Stadium at Fossetts, so anyone buying SUFC would be handcuffed to Ron and whatever he wanted to charge for the Stadium rent. And as I have said, he doesn't want to rock the boat now he is so close to his dream.
He doesn't quite hold all the cards. The council still have control over a vital strip of land at FF. What if they were not sure of handing this over to Ron now? Cricko knows more. Perhaps he can shed more light when he see's this.

He doesn't quite hold all the cards. The council still have control over a vital strip of land at FF. What if they were not sure of handing this over to Ron now? Cricko knows more. Perhaps he can shed more light when he see's this.

That's interesting, but it presupposes that the Council would use their position to impose commercial restrictions on Ron, eg limit on rent. Would they, and could they, do that?

That's interesting, but it presupposes that the Council would use their position to impose commercial restrictions on Ron, eg limit on rent. Would they, and could they, do that?
All I know is the land was left in the will of Mr Jones, who has the football pitches next door named after him, to be in the care of the council. And they were instructed to make sure the land was put to good use for sporting activities, that would benefit the borough. I think they will only sign this over for free to RM when/if the project is ready to roll and/or he stumps up part of the £7.6m in payments due to the council, for redevelopment projects across the town. This is outlined in the S106 agreement.

Back