• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match highlights..... Enjoy :)

I thought, having replayed the Championship bit several times, that the free kick was originally deflected off the foot of Macca? who was in the wall. Then it looked like it could've clipped AB as well, but not sure about that myself. But anyway it certainly goes almost through AB leaving Collis unsighted until the last second to the 1st deflection.

Can't see that a shorter keeper would've had any more chance than the taller one did! ;)

It was certainly deflected but even so Im still disappointed he didnt get to it.

Its not like it was deflected into the corner, it went into the middle of the goal. I guarantee if Flahavan had conceded that there would be plenty of people slating him for not organising the wall blah blah.

The rest of his game was pretty solid though.

I think it really is time i cancel Blues World! Seems a bit pointless having it really

Some of us can't get BBC Essex so have no choice.... be nice if it was more "live" 'cos it sort of kills the tension when you're in the chatroom and someone types "YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" and you're 5 mins behind asking if the match has kicked off yet...

Some of us can't get BBC Essex so have no choice.... be nice if it was more "live" 'cos it sort of kills the tension when you're in the chatroom and someone types "YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" and you're 5 mins behind asking if the match has kicked off yet...

LOL. Very Funny but true.... Games I cannot make... I aways go in chatroom.. some personalitys from rd round the UK n Overseas make it great fun :-)

I never released Southend fans round the globe have such a funny sense of humor.....

The free kick was incredibly unlucky. I wasn't even sure it didn't hit both of Barrett's legs as well as clipping the wall. At the same time, I've no idea how Barrett's shot went in. Althought the slip was unfortunate, Guy did really well for his goal. To take the ball on at that pace and get himself one on one was quite impressive. McCormack's header was actually a bit harder than I realised too. It's funny how different an angle you get when you see video replays.

. At the same time, I've no idea how Barrett's shot went in. .

I couldnt really see that from East Blacks, but it certainly looked a bit rubbish on TV, whether Collis should have done better with the freekick is debateable, but their keeper shouldnt have been beaten at the near post like that.

Try 765MW and attach a wire to your aerial and hang it out of the window. Someone (can't think who) suggested I do that, and it seems to work.

Ooo, I doubt that'll work....I'm a far way from Essex in MK...... besides finding a "normal" radio could be a struggle :D

I'll give it a go if I can find a radio but knowing my luck I'll get the farmers match "highlights" if there is such a thing :(

Blimey for the 2nd goal not only does Collis save it but the deflected 'shot' also hits him as well & it still ends up in the net!! Most of the time you would have expected the player to score in that position but to end up scoring how he did was very lucky.

What a slip by Black in the first place. I wonder if the pitch will be watered as much for the next home game or will our players wear the correct boots!!

What happened to the extended highlights on blues world? They did it for the first few games, but its seems they don't bother anymore.

Last edited:
What happened to the extended highlights on blues world? They did i t for the first few games, but its seems they don't bother anymore.

No, and seeing as we can get the goals for free on Virgin Media they better well start seeing as Ive paid £40.

It looks like the penalty went through the keeper's feet! Buit lucky but hey - who cares!

Whether Darryl would have got to the first we'll never know (he'd still have had to jump quite high :D ). We all know the answer to the next question. Would he have dominated the box and screamed for the ball (or away) as SC did on Sat ?

Back