• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp in "running" shock...

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Folks,

As anyone who has had the (dubious) pleasure of meeting me will be able to testify, mine is a body that was built for comfort rather than speed.

However, I'm about to put that presumption to the test on Thursday week by undertaking a 5km run for charity - in this case, for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. Even if, as a bloke, my moobs are unlikely to suffer from "the big C", it still strikes me that cancer is a hideous disease which we should do everything in our power to stamp out.

I've done some training - perhaps not as much as I would have liked - but I am optimistic that I will last the course... and my aim is to make sure that I run the whole way... even if it's not going to be the quickest run you've ever witnessed.

So, if you are able to spare a few pounds for charity and sponsor me in this slightly hare-brained endeavour (I mean me... running?!), please do so by clicking on the link below.

When you click on the link, that will take you to my department's sponsorship page - there are 30 running from my department... so, just to show the rest of my colleagues how it's done, please can you put

"Good luck Matt Walker"

in your message, if/when you sponsor me!

Link to sponsorship page

Thanks folks - your generosity is hugely appreciated. And I am bricking myself... but I'll come back on here on Friday week and let you know how I got on.

:)

Cheers,

Matt

Ah mate, you'll be fine. 5K is nothing, you can always walk it if you get a bit out of breath.

Oops, did it but forgot the message. Sorry! :stupidme:

Last edited:
See you there mate , i'l be running for my company and all our proceeds are going to the same Funds as yours which is cool.

I had to put down on my application form my target time which i put down as 26mins , some clown at work has changed it to 16 mins so everyone at work on all 7 floors think that i'm gonna be the one to watch out for and will be a front runner , how wrong they are !!

O and by the way good luck

Good Luck Matt, I am doing two 10k runs this year one in August and the other in October. Running is great you will be fine.

Ah mate, you'll be fine. 5K is nothing, you can always walk it if you get a bit out of breath.

Oops, did it but forgot the message. Sorry! :stupidme:

LOL - nice one mate. I'll let them know that your message was for me...!!

Thanks for the messages of support. As for the "you'll be fine"... hmm, you've obviously overlooked the fact that I'm (a) 34 years old, and (b) a tad on the rotund side...

:stunned:

Matt

LOL - nice one mate. I'll let them know that your message was for me...!!

Thanks for the messages of support. As for the "you'll be fine"... hmm, you've obviously overlooked the fact that I'm (a) 34 years old, and (b) a tad on the rotund side...

:stunned:

Matt

Meh, I didn't start running until I was in my mid 30's but now I've done a number of 10K's and hopefully next year a half marathon.

I reckon you can do it sub 40 mins, even with the occasional amble :)

Matt

I'll give you a substantial amount if you do the run in top hat and tails whilst clicking a pair of sugar tongs all the way round.

Stats

Matt

I'll give you a substantial amount if you do the run in top hat and tails whilst clicking a pair of sugar tongs all the way round.

Stats

Sadly, I own neither top hat nor tails.

:finger:

Besides, I have to wear my department's T-shirt... all part of the "uniform"...

:p

I'd love to, but the stuff I'm donating for the Zone BBQ is going to be quite a hefty lump out of my wages! I'm only a poor part time worker!

Gook luck MtS, all these people keep saying that it's easy and no problem, but it's still a daunting distance and when ever i've done any running it's the first 5k which are difficult, trying to get your breathing going and get into your stride and so it's not to be scoffed at! good luck!

Back