• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours McLaughlin to Mansfield

On big wages, bye

Is he though as he’s not currently under contract. We’ve said we will offer him a new deal, it won’t be anywhere near as much as what his expired deal will be.

Unfortunately, he's lost the speed to go past a defender and is one of the most inconsistent players ever. When on his game he is great. A good professional by all accounts, and a nice quiet guy. Under PB when I used to watch training, I was impressed that he would stay out after training to work on his crossing and free kicks. Mansfield are making some great signings, and seem to have money, so who would blame him.

Would not lose any sleep if he went.

30 years old now which tells me we have probably seen the best of him. Also he was a Phil Brown signing which does not sit well with me. PB era was 3 managers ago, we really need to move on now and change the culture of the whole team.

30 years old now which tells me we have probably seen the best of him. Also he was a Phil Brown signing which does not sit well with me. PB era was 3 managers ago, we really need to move on now and change the culture of the whole team.

To be fair there have been some much worse signings since then !

I agree that he needs to move on mainly due to his age and like you say him being a signing from 3 managers ago and the club needs a new identity, let's not forget though that PB assembled the last successful side that we have had

Did anyone see the player reveal on Twitter they did when they signed Nicky Maynard? I hope they do similar if McLaughlin signs!

I thought there is to be a wage cap in leagues 1 and 2.

How does a club will smaller gates pay bigger wages?

McLaughlin will have to do whatever is right for McLaughlin. He's had a pretty good innings at Southend with highs and lows galore and he's given us good value in his time at Roots Hall. At 30 he will be starting to think of his last contract, that might be with us or Mansfield. If he stays I'll be happy, if he goes I wish him well and hope he gets a good deal and paid on time each month.

McLaughlin will have to do whatever is right for McLaughlin. He's had a pretty good innings at Southend with highs and lows galore and he's given us good value in his time at Roots Hall. At 30 he will be starting to think of his last contract, that might be with us or Mansfield. If he stays I'll be happy, if he goes I wish him well and hope he gets a good deal and paid on time each month.
Agree 100% - we've had good value from him, as a winger at 30 his best days are probably behind him. Will wish him well if he goes, but will also be happy if he stays.

Back