• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours McLaughlin to Mansfield

Last season was better from Macca than the previous one believe we have had the best from him if he decides to go so be it he hasn't many seasons left so he needs to do the best for him and his family.Believe he has recently got married so he might fancy going back to the Midlands from wence he came

I thought there is to be a wage cap in leagues 1 and 2.

How does a club will smaller gates pay bigger wages?
There is a proposal for one but thats hasn’t been made official as far as i know and would=d be hard rot do for the coming season as it affects who you re sign and who you release and how under 23’s are measured to be included

If Macca leaves I’ll be sad to see him go but part of me thinks, like others, maybe a total fresh start wouldn’t be the worst thing. I can see both sides but will support his decision whatever .. and if he does take a contract elsewhere that’s better for his family, he’ll get a round of applause from me when he returns to the Hall.

I’m not keen to lose him, but equally won’t be devastated if he does move on.

On his day, he’s an excellent player who can easily play at League One level, but in League Two we probably can’t afford to pay him for the 3/4 average games he has for every good one.

He’s clearly a good pro and seems to have had a good influence on the youngsters, he’s certainly come on leaps and bounds since he joined too.

That said, given the choice of losing him now or committing to a 2 year deal for him on L1 wages, it wouldn’t be a disaster if he were to take a move away.

McLaughlin hasn’t done anything of note since scoring against Stevenage in the Play Off semi 5 years ago

A winger who doesn’t take on his man, doesn’t create anything, doesn’t support his full back in a defensive role and hits 1 good set piece in every 30. I’m alarmed we’ve even offered him something.

Back