• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McSWEENEY

David McSWEENEY is training with CRAWLEY TOWN can anyone tell me what he is like as a player thanks.

Some may have varied opinions but i hink he is a good player can play either right back or centre back. good speed and a young player with alot of experience! Injured alot though but we didnt see anything of him at all last season!!

At the start of the season he was our best player, at left back, then got a red card and never really made in back into the team an went on loan somewhere but can't remember where. A decent young player, should hopefully do well for you if he joins.

Something must have gone adrift with Macca at the shrimpers either with attitude or fall out with management,at one time I thought he had abright future with us,made the odd mistake during a game,but then who diesn't.
Very versatile player to have in the team/squad

Crawley have got a good player if he shows the right attitude he had at the start whilst at Roots Hall,he will serve you well

Good luck Macca

I always thought he was a good player as Macca would pass the ball forward from the back instead of just punting it towards the strikers.

Im sure he will be a good player for you.

P.S Go on and beat the Canvey!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 03 2004,16:28)]David McSWEENEY is training with CRAWLEY TOWN can anyone tell me what he is like as a player thanks.
Lives next door [almost] to my brother in law.

Last season, he had some excellent games & started well with a couple of MoM awards, although, [as quoted earlier in the thread] he had disciplinary problems with two almost consecutive red cards and I think he has been allowed to go because he would be down the pecking order for starts with our squad as it is now.

Plays with passion, but has a good temperament.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 05 2004,13:26)]Last season, he had some excellent games & started well with a couple of MoM awards, although, [as quoted earlier in the thread] he had disciplinary problems with two almost consecutive red cards and I think he has been allowed to go because he would be down the pecking order for starts with our squad as it is now.

Hmmm. Anyone else spot the contradiction there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ July 05 2004,13:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 05 2004,13:26)]Last season, he had some excellent games & started well with a couple of MoM awards, although, [as quoted earlier in the thread] he had disciplinary problems with two almost consecutive red cards and I think he has been allowed to go because he would be down the pecking order for starts with our squad as it is now.

Hmmm.  Anyone else spot the contradiction there?
Yes, how can you have two almost consecutive red cards?

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 05 2004,14:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ July 05 2004,13:46)]
[b said:

Hmmm.  Anyone else spot the contradiction there?
Yes, how can you have two almost consecutive red cards?

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Oooops, my mistake!
sad.gif

Hope you don't make any human mistakes!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ July 03 2004,17:34)]Something must have gone adrift with Macca at the shrimpers either with attitude or fall out with management,at one time I thought he had  abright future with us,made the odd mistake during a game,but then who diesn't.
Very versatile player to have in the team/squad

Crawley have got a good player if he shows the right attitude he had at the start whilst at Roots Hall,he will serve you well

Good luck Macca
Might of had something to do with falling off a wall while photographing his car the season before last....he injured himself at the time and last season he had other injury problems.

Mcsweeney - I don't think he could cut it at Conference level. Perhaps lower Ryman.

Not a professional footballer.

So speaks our resident purveyor of fun-filled (but absolute bollox) facts ...

WS

Dave played the full 90 minutes at right back for Dagenham & Redbridge today against AFC Wimbledon.
Played well against lowly opposition - took all the left wing corners!!!. Obviously discovered a new talent since leaving us.
biggrin.gif

McSweeney played for us last night against Tilbury. Played at centre back and looked class.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ricay Fan @ July 21 2004,12:08)]McSweeney played for us last night against Tilbury. Played at centre back and looked class.
Cool. I liked him- I think he'll be back in the League before long.

To be honest I never thought much of McSweeney. He lacked height to be a decent centre half and never looked comfortable on the ball therefore couldn't really be a decent right back.

Perhaps he'd be a decent player at a lower level, where he'd have more time on the ball to compose himself.

As commented he was awesome for us at left back before he got sent off. His only let down at left back was the fact he had no left foot (Thats right just a right foot. You know what I mean though, he couldn't use it).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 22 2004,22:39)]To be honest I never thought much of McSweeney. He lacked height to be a decent centre half
You don't really need height to be a good centre-back. Steve Bruce, Gary Mabbutt, etc...

Back