• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McSWEENEY

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 23 2004,09:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 22 2004,22:39)]To be honest I never thought much of McSweeney. He lacked height to be a decent centre half
You don't really need height to be a good centre-back. Steve Bruce, Gary Mabbutt, etc...
Rubbish ! Toulouse LeTrec was a cr*p centre back.

Very unlucky, IMHO after his early season performances- deserved better from the club. And why can't you get two consecutive red cards ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 21 2004,12:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ricay Fan @ July 21 2004,12:08)]McSweeney played for us last night against Tilbury. Played at centre back and looked class.
Cool. I liked him- I think he'll be back in the League before long.
I preferred Steven Broad, TBH, and was disappointed when the Sweeney was kept and Broady let go.

However, I'll concede that Broad always seemed to give the impression that his heart wasn't really in it, whilst the Sweeney at least did give it his all.

It's also fair to say that there's a way, way higher chance of McSweeney returning to the league than Broady...

sad.gif

Matt

the writing was on the wall for Dave as soon as Tilly took charge. he never rated him from his youth team days( a product of Peter Trevivian) and i believe he hasn't been fairly
treated by the new management. being loaned with the promise of a summer return has been a great piece of management style: when i see an Essex Senior league player
like Che Guevara Wilson in the squad and Mac Sweeney playing Ryman Premiere football it makes me think that " it is all about if your manager likes you". he has only been unlucky,
because the fourth manager in his league career it has been the only one that didn't like him!
good luck son and prove some of this asshooles wrong.
sad.gif

Billericay Town boss Justin Edinburgh is hopeful that former Southend United defender David McSweeney will sign at New Lodge.

Defender McSweeney, 22, is a local boy and was released from Roots Hall at the end of last season.

He has also been linked with Conference clubs Crawley Town and Dagenham and Redbridge during the summer, but Edinburgh is trying to persuade him to link up with other ex-Blues men such as Danny Kerrigan and Leon Hunter at New Lodge.

McSweeney is likely to be involved in home friendlies with "Striking Sensation" Grays Athletic (tonight) and his old Southend United team on Monday.

Edinburgh said: "David has been involved in the full time training we do now as part of the new set-up and looked very impressive in our friendly at Tilbury on Tuesday.

"I'd very much like him to sign for us and we'll talk more after the weekend."

taken from tonights echo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ricay Fan @ July 23 2004,16:45)]home friendlies with "Striking Sensation" "Striking Sensation" Grays Athletic (tonight)
This is why we have simply GOT to stop this Striking Sensation nonsense...

rock.gif
wow.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 23 2004,17:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ricay Fan @ July 23 2004,16:45)]home friendlies with "Striking Sensation" "Striking Sensation" "Striking Sensation" Grays Athletic (tonight)
This is why we have simply GOT to stop this Striking Sensation nonsense...

rock.gif
wow.gif

Matt
That and it's as funny as tooth-ache

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ July 23 2004,10:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ July 23 2004,10:21)]And why can't you  get two consecutive red cards ?
You can, but you can't have two almost consecutive red cards.
How about he gets sent off in one game, does not get sent off in the next, but does in the third. Not consecutive, but almost consecutive.
tounge.gif

Back