• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memorable first days at work.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Down on my luck in 1993 I ended up with a job at a sponge/J cloth factory.

As I walked through the door to clock in on my first day one raconteur and bon vivant took a deep drag of his Benny Henny, exhaled and then turned to a colleague and remarked "are you still knobbing that bird from the peanut factory or what?"

Has anyone else taken a slight detour in life and wondered if the sun will ever shine on you again?

On my first day at my current job, I had an meeting with the head of department and he was looking through my CV. I'd mentioned in it that i enjoyed playing football and so the next day after work I found myself turning out for the work 6-a-side team. The head of department (an internationally known and highly regarded professor) turned from a chilled out academic into a Roy McDonough-style nutcase. Kicking players off the ball, calling some lad a c-unit and generally being a complete dick. We were getting stuffed and after a late goal (probably to make it 6-1) he screams '****ing justice!'

It's probably no great surprise that he's a Leeds fan.

A few weeks later he busted his ACL and hasn't really played since. He's actually a pretty decent player for an old guy, and I bet played to a high standard back in the day. I still play for the same team and '****ing justice' is now our call sign for a late goal during a drubbing.

My first ever day at work after leaving school in 1972, i found a £1 note whilst walking to the factory. As my wage was only £6.50p per week, this was a nice bonus.
At that time a pint of Light & Bitter was 15p, and the bus fare from Leigh to Southend was 8p!

Scored a hat-trick on my first day, became a local hero, then disappeared up North, came back like the prodigal son, but was rubbish.

Back