• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memories of a better day

The Former BluesinBC

Feeling depressed after last night's defeat, I cheered myself up by remembering this account of the play off final:

We few, we happy few, we band of Shrimpers;
For he to-day that sings Blues songs with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in Southend now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That roared with us upon Play-Off Final day.

Dedicated to the few who went and hopefully shaming those who didn't.

Yeah, 'cos you're not a real fan unless you go to every match home and away eh?

Take your pretentious **** and shove it.

I didn't say that mate. I don't go away very much. But every fan who went to the LDV should have gone to the playoff too. Isn't that fair?

Yep because i went play-off
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Former BluesinBC @ Oct. 14 2006,21:40)]I didn't say that mate. I don't go away very much. But every fan who went to the LDV should have gone to the playoff too. Isn't that fair?
Not really, most fans spent their money on that second LDV final, so must of the fans didnt have the money to go

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2006,21:36)]Yeah, 'cos you're not a real fan unless you go to every match home and away eh?

Take your pretentious **** and shove it.
Why dont you take your thoughts and stick them where the sun don't shine fella!
mad.gif

Give the guy a break we are all feeling down at the moment no need to start strife on this message board because of it!

People have responsiblities that come before football believe it or not. I love my team as much as any on here and it really goads me when people bang on about not being a "proper" fan because I wasn't at this game or that game.

I'm not feeling down. I thought we played well in parts and were unlucky due to a crap ref and some crap luck.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2006,21:45)]People have responsiblities that come before football believe it or not. I love my team as much as any on here and it really goads me when people bang on about not being a "proper" fan because I wasn't at this game or that game.
I have none Football then anything else may want to come after ! Lets me happy and cheerful everyone.

'WE ARE CHAMPIONSHIP, SAY WE ARE CHAMPIONSHIP'

dont forget that

jcrcr, you're a young 'un....when you've got a family and a mortgage, some things have to take precedence.

I have got time for any Blues fan, whatever their level of support. My post was just intended to raise a smile, it obviously didn't work for all. I know a lot of people couldn't afford two trips, and many couldn't face it after two previous disappointments. That doesn't make them bad people or disqualify them from being real Southend fans.

The last thing I want is to fall out with fellow Blues. We need to stand together in these difficult times.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2006,21:49)]jcrcr, you're a young 'un....when you've got a family and a mortgage, some things have to take precedence.
But for now....... Southend fc

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2006,22:45)]I love my team as much as any on here and it really goads me when people bang on about not being a "proper" fan because I wasn't at this game or that game.
Me too. Imagine how I feel then ... I really didn't need anyone make me feel any worse ...

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Former BluesinBC @ Oct. 14 2006,21:40)]I didn't say that mate. I don't go away very much. But every fan who went to the LDV should have gone to the playoff too. Isn't that fair?
Nope.  Given the choice of watching Southend play in a play-off final, LDV final, FA Cup final (well, any final) or watching and supporting your son in a youth tournament on the same day, Southend are gonna be given a miss a million times out of a million.

When Chipper saved yet another penalty I felt more pride than any Freddy Eastwood or Duncan Jupp goal could ever do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Oct. 14 2006,22:44)]
[b said:
Nope.  Given the choice of watching Southend play in a play-off final, LDV final, FA Cup final (well, any final) or watching and supporting your son in a youth tournament on the same day, Southend are gonna be given a miss a million times out of a million.

When Chipper saved yet another penalty I felt more pride than any Freddy Eastwood or Duncan Jupp goal could ever do.
Well good luck to you.
I hope my boy does not expect the same level of good parenting. Missed one game he played in already this season due to the Sheffield Wednesday match. Southend in any final and he best hope his mums watching 'cause I 'aint gonner be there.

Sorry son.

Back