• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Ball

Bluesmanager

I'm a Barbie Girl
Somewhere where the weather isn't killing me
Just watched the derby on MOTD. What a cheating scumbag that Michael Ball is! Deliberately slamming his studs into Ronaldo like that. Vile thing to do. Makes you wonder if reviewing the footage of the game and retroactively carding people is a good idea.

yes it is a good idea because the ref didn't see it and so didn't act upon it. unfortunately the ref can't look at everything that happens (he was rightly following the ball) and unfortunately the linos and 4th official will never bother flagging for something even if they caught a glimpse... ball will get a long ban for that because it is disgraceful. i also hope city get some kind of warning over the conduct because after the thatcher incident you would have thought 'psycho' would have stamped out that kind of behaviour!!

Absolutley disgusted! What is it with Manchester City players? Barton is a loose cannon full of controversy. Ben Thacther almost paralizing Pedro Mendes. Now one of the worst things I have seen in football. Michael Ball is a disgrace to the game and should be given a MASSIVE fine and kicked out of the game! There was no need what so ever for that, I know wherever Ronaldo goes he is booed by the fans for the Portugal fiasco. But doing what Ball did is just an outrage to the game.

I hope he gets a seriously long ban, not just by the FA but by Pearce himself. I tell you what if Stuart Pearce does not fine him or ban him aswell as the FA he will go well down in my estimations!!!

saw that clip the other day and it was disgusting, surely action must be taken. its just not on whether its the little winker or someone else.

michael ball waste of space haha but Ronaldo needs a good kicking now hes the cheat diving all the time but hes a hell of a player. say no more.

Last edited:
He got a 3 match ban, pleaded guilty and apologised to Ronaldo publicly and apparently privately too.

Just watched the derby on MOTD. What a cheating scumbag that Michael Ball is! Deliberately slamming his studs into Ronaldo like that. Vile thing to do. Makes you wonder if reviewing the footage of the game and retroactively carding people is a good idea.

Weren't most people calling for someone to do that to him after the Portuguese winker got Rooney sent off in the world cup?

Haven't seen the incident, but I expect had it been shown in the pub it would attract cheers rather than jeers.

At the start of the season I'd've joined the cheers, but he's not dived half as much this year as he did last, and, I can't believe I'm typing this but, he's not a half bad player. Might be holding a PhD in Whinging, but he's a good player.

And fair play to him as well for joining in the appeal for the abducted little girl in Portugal!

And fair play to him as well for joining in the appeal for the abducted little girl in Portugal!

Didn't realise he had.

Maybe he could front a public education campaign, as its never kids who are left alone for hours on end who are abducted, its only ever kids who are left for only ten minutes or half an hour. By encouraging parents to abandon their kids for hours or even days, we should be able to cut down on child abduction.

Didn't realise he had.

Maybe he could front a public education campaign, as its never kids who are left alone for hours on end who are abducted, its only ever kids who are left for only ten minutes or half an hour. By encouraging parents to abandon their kids for hours or even days, we should be able to cut down on child abduction.

Excellent. It pains me that the media dare not say these things, and ask these questions. Those parents should be arrested for neglect on their return. They certainly would be if they were a single parent who had left their kids. Maybe middle-class doctors can get away with this. I also suspect there might be more to this than is meeting the media eye at present.

Back