• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Schumacher to take over Massa seat?

Reported by the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

Can't honestly say I was ever a fan, but it'll be interesting to see how he gets on with Ferrari not currently enjoying the advantage in performance that they're accustomed to.

Think it will be great. Lots of people were not big Shuey fans but you had to admire his ability to turn a team into winners.
Will be interesting to see how Ferrari's performance picks up with him behind the wheel.

Of course, this is being deemed good news for F1. Multiple champion returns to the fold after three years out and all that. Funny though as Schumacher's dominance in the early part of this decade was a big factor in people turning away from F1.

Not that any of it makes any difference to me; World Athletics Championships and the 5th Test will be infinitely more interesting that anything F1 could ever hope to throw up.

Not that any of it makes any difference to me; World Athletics Championships and the 5th Test will be infinitely more interesting that anything F1 could ever hope to throw up.

Oooh the World Athletics Championship. Isnt that decided on a my drugs are more undiscoverable than your drugs basis?

Price for Schumacher to get a podium?

Oooh the World Athletics Championship. Isnt that decided on a my drugs are more undiscoverable than your drugs basis?

Price for Schumacher to get a podium?

Drugs issues aside - yes some athletes take them, but many are clean - athletics is just about the purest form of sport there is. Who's the fastest runner? Who can jump the longest? Who can throw a stick the furthest? Brilliant in its simplicity and for me infinitely more entertaining than all that guff about tyre warmth, diffusers, pit strategies etc.

Anyway, in answer to your question, Ladbrokes make Michael Schumacher 5/2 for a podium finish in Valencia. Also - 14/1 to win the race, 4/9 to finish in the points and 10/1 to get the fastest lap.

Have to say, it's a brilliant story. Button v. Hamilton v. Vettel v. Webber v. Massa was exciting enough, but throwing Schumacher into the mix takes it to a whole new level. It actually means that F1 might be bordering on interesting, and that's saying something.

;)

Drugs issues aside - yes some athletes take them, but many are clean - athletics is just about the purest form of sport there is. Who's the fastest runner? .

Anyway, in answer to your question, 10/1 to get the fastest lap.

Thats extremely short ofr a podium. however might be worth a tenner on fastest lap.

When you say Many are Clean, this implies as we all know, that many are not. I just find it hard to get excited about a sport where there is probably as much work going into performance enhancing drugs and masking agents, as their is in training.

I can remember Ben Johnson being the fastest man on the planet, until he wasnt. I just read this on Wiki:
His claim bears some weight in light of the revelations since 1988. Including Johnson, four of the top five finishers of the 100-meter race have all tested positive for banned drugs at some point in their careers

Why not let them take anything they like then we will have a level playing field.

Have to say, it's a brilliant story. Button v. Hamilton v. Vettel v. Webber v. Massa was exciting enough, but throwing Schumacher into the mix takes it to a whole new level. It actually means that the Sport that is F1 might be bordering on interesting, and that's saying something.

;)

It could well be!

Last edited:
When you say Many are Clean, this implies as we all know, that many are not. I just find it hard to get excited about a sport where there is probably as much work going into performance enhancing drugs and masking agents, as their is in training.

I can remember Ben Johnson being the fastest man on the planet, until he wasnt. I just read this on Wiki:

Why not let them take anything they like then we will have a level playing field.

Likewise, I find it hard to get excited about a sport that is as much (if not more?) about the cars than the competitors. I feel pretty cold towards all motor sports really; I like my sports to involve running, riding or swimming, with a physical aspect that you can really see (I'm not denying that F1 drivers are physically fit)

In terms of letting them all take drugs, that's just letting the cheats win the argument.

Not sure why we're arguing the toss anyway; you'll watch the F1 on that Sunday, I'll watch the athletics. It's not as if we'll be having to share a telly :)

A day or so old now but i'm delighted that he's coming back to Formula 1. Should add a bit of competitiveness to the sport and i wouldn't be surprised to see him win a couple of races.

Not sure why we're arguing the toss anyway; you'll watch the F1 on that Sunday, I'll watch the athletics. It's not as if we'll be having to share a telly :)

Damn, I was hoping you would be inviting me round for Sunday lunch whilst enjoying coverage of the European Grand Prix.

Completely separate note, what do you think of odds on patent bets?

Damn, I was hoping you would be inviting me round for Sunday lunch whilst enjoying coverage of the European Grand Prix.

Completely separate note, what do you think of odds on patent bets?

As in all three selections being shorter than evens? I wouldn't do them myself.....I'm fairly sure they'd prove pretty unprofitable in the long run.

Back