• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 10 2005,12:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 10 2005,11:58)]With you on the "Hhhaitch" thing but perhaps I've not explained myself clearly, it's "jai" as in the "igh" of sigh.  Hmmm strange.
So it rhymes with the letter that precedes it in the alphabet?  Now that is weird... and I'm pretty certain the missus doesn't say that.

rock.gif

Another interesting one: us Sassenachs, when reading out numbers (e.g. phone nos.) will say "Oh", as in:

"Oh-one-seven-oh-two" (01702)

North of the border, that's almost always said as "zero"...

cool.gif

Good gen on Barr's... have no idea, meself...!

MtS
Exactly! It's not even a class thing as some of the poshest & most expensive schools in Strathclyde preach it!

Not noticed that about the Zero, I'll keep an ear out.

Bumped into the missus @ lunchtime, she's an "A{as in hay}pricot" kinda girl!

Think the football ground building Barr is/was chairman of Ayr Utd too!

Yes Barrs do indeed do Red Kola, Also normal Cola, Lemonade to go with the famous bottle of Bru.

One of my favourite things about going to Scotland is getting the proper glass bottles. Quite often i return with a few dozen bottles in the boot of my car!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Feb. 10 2005,13:59)]Yes Barrs do indeed do Red Kola,

One of my favourite things about going to Scotland is getting the proper glass bottles. Quite often i return with a few dozen bottles in the boot of my car!!
Next time you go up there can you bring us some back, please, Shags?

cool.gif

I just read that thread from start to finish. The plot twists were Usual Suspects-esque....

To add another twist - The General doesn't know the rules to Scissors, Paper, Stone!! As demonstrated last night!! Perhaps it was because he was dressed like a Ballet Dancer!

Excellent.

Not as good as SYF in 1995 with Lee Limers crazy dancing... Move over Bez!

Incidently N-Trance released a stormer of a track back in November called 'Im In Heaven'. Somehow missed the top 40, despite being better produced than tracks that charted much higher (eyeopener, Dana Rayne etc)

heres a link to the video if anyones interested (which is quite funny)...

http://www.aatw.com/media.php?id=61&type=4

Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Feb. 10 2005,14:58)]To add another twist - The General doesn't know the rules to Scissors, Paper, Stone!! As demonstrated last night!! Perhaps it was because he was dressed like a Ballet Dancer!
eh? (twice)

Back