• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mildenhall was awesome today

Mildenhall was excellent today, I saw his save at the end on TV earlier and it was world class, Santos really should've scored. I hope all the morons who were signing 'you're not fit to go in goal' at the Orient Johnstones Paint game were there today.

Just seen that save on the highlights, it was awesome. Really pleased he has turned it around. In fact I've not seen a Southend keeper play as well since that night when Ronaldo came town!

Saw scolari compared him to Gordon Banks!! :) Very well played today! Just shows fans should be patient for their new signings to gel!

Credit where it is due, done what he had to today, great low down block from Drogba that i could see and a much talked about save at the other end that i couldn't, bring on the highlights!

Fair play, you're getting green for that.

Yes great save at the end but thats what he is in there for , clarke made 5 superb challenges and was outstanding today , when is anyone gonna realise this is this bloke is not the weak link in our back four .

Mids , herd , Sankofa and were superb , Clarke was imense , end of !!!!!

Good performances from Herd, Clarke and Sankofa (what a challenge first half!) too, and I felt Christophe was our best player until he took his knock. But Mildenhall was class. Better than Flavs against Man Ure. Not sure if you boys had a good view up your end, but the save he made straight after we scored was world class. Watch tonight for proof.

He marshalled his area superbly, made several good punches and today, became our undisputed number 1.

Agree with all of this!

Couldn't have put it better myself :clap:

i was 1 of the many booing him at home to borient,BUT TODAY HE PLAYED A BLINDER
credit where its due WHAT A SAVE long may it contiue UTB

i was 1 of the many booing him at home to borient,BUT TODAY HE PLAYED A BLINDER
credit where its due WHAT A SAVE long may it contiue UTB

Very noble of you but i would hardly call you a true fan seeing as you like to boo your own players

Very noble of you but i would hardly call you a true fan seeing as you like to boo your own players

support your club in your own way,i do,but dont judge,if a players not playing well he needs to be told and then hopefully improve IMO,im not gonna drag this on after a great night,but dont tell me im not a true supporter when u dont know me,your entitled to your opinions but so am i, wheather others agree or not.

Last edited:
Minor, minor criticisms but thought his distribution was supposed to have improved with Fed's influence and why does he have to hang on to the ball so long? He's going to get pulled up for that sooner or later and it'll cost us.

some stunning saves !! (not quite banks) but close !!!!!! and holding onto the ball and not letting those chelsea scummers have it is a great idea !! and in the unfortunate instance if he is pulled for its only a nelson (yellow ) and game on . distribution will improve hopefully !!!!!!!

HOPEFULLY THE BOOING WILL NOW STOP NOTHING WORSE TO MY MIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Minor, minor criticisms but thought his distribution was supposed to have improved with Fed's influence and why does he have to hang on to the ball so long? He's going to get pulled up for that sooner or later and it'll cost us.
Erm. That may have more to do with the fact that we had so many men behind the ball.

Immediately Tilly switched Revs out wide right to cover Cashstrapped Cole we were 451 with only Barney up top, which took away Mildy's outlet ball. As the game progressed we sat even deeper especially from set pieces where even Barney or Stanaclaus was no more than 10 yds outside our own area.

Difficult for any keeper to launch it long & quickly in that situation.

support your club in your own way,i do,but dont judge,if a players not playing well he needs to be told and then hopefully improve IMO,im not gonna drag this on after a great night,but dont tell me im not a true supporter when u dont know me,your entitled to your opinions but so am i, wheather others agree or not.

Just had to sat what an arrogant post. Booing your own player and then saying you're a fan is a tautology. And people will judge and rightly so.

Mildenhall is my player of the season so far.

An excellent display, not just the spectacular save at the end, but a commanding display in which he came and punched and a couple of occasions when our centre-backs wouldn't have been able to get commanding headers.

Mildenhall is my player of the season so far.

An excellent display, not just the spectacular save at the end, but a commanding display in which he came and punched and a couple of occasions when our centre-backs wouldn't have been able to get commanding headers.

Still not a fan, rooted to the line for the first goal and spills everything that Lee Turner kicks at him in the warm up but gotta say that was an excellent stop near the end!

Still not a fan, rooted to the line for the first goal and spills everything that Lee Turner kicks at him in the warm up but gotta say that was an excellent stop near the end!

Thats in the warm up. I would rather him spill everything in the warm up than during the game.

Back