• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mildy's quiet way of doing things

Indeed. I'm amazed by how quickly Mildenhall managed to pick up that technique. The good players keep on learning and it is definitely to Mildy's credit that he managed to adapt his kicking style that he'd have been using for over a decade.

Also, Joyce has picked up that technique as well.

Feds' was a very good goalkeeper, better than what we can afford, but he has taught our two goalkeepers an awful lot in his spell here.

Mildenhall has been different gravy since returning from that injury when Feds' loan expired.

Can only be 3 candidates at the moment for PotY - Mildenhall , Grant & Barnard.
I'd narrow that down to 2, Grant has had a couple of great games but a couple of dire ones too - Laurent is ahead of him for me.

I'd narrow that down to 2, Grant has had a couple of great games but a couple of dire ones too - Laurent is ahead of him for me.

Laurent's only really impressed in a couple of games , if he carries on in the same vein as Saturday then he will be a contender. The other 3 have impressed consistently.

Laurent's only really impressed in a couple of games , if he carries on in the same vein as Saturday then he will be a contender. The other 3 have impressed consistently.

Sorry, I really don't agree, Grant has not been consistent - as I said he's had some absolute mares....and 11 yellow cards already and 2 own goals?!

Sorry, I really don't agree, Grant has not been consistent - as I said he's had some absolute mares....and 11 yellow cards already and 2 own goals?!

Well sorry but can't agree with you either. Yes the yellow cards are a worry but like Macca I think he gets singled out by refs. Don't think the 2 own goals really come into it , and considering he's helped Tilly out by playing in at least 5 different positions he's had a remarkable season.

What a great post!! I thought he should have been POTY last year, and think again so far this year, he has kept us in countless games this season

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. Laurent has only recently impressed to the extent that you could consider him for Poty.

Grant has looked superb this year, he has a classy touch and the fact that he seems to have played in every possible position and still played well proves how good he really is!

The only shame is that due to Mildy and Barnard being in such good form, Grant often doesn't get the praise he deserves.

Well sorry but can't agree with you either. Yes the yellow cards are a worry but like Macca I think he gets singled out by refs. Don't think the 2 own goals really come into it , and considering he's helped Tilly out by playing in at least 5 different positions he's had a remarkable season.

Sadsy,

I think your spot on with your three. Grant has been the pick of any of the defensive players, Barney has scored fo fun and Mildy made some good saves.

Personally its between Barney and Grant.

The yellow cards aren't an issue for me, so long as they are for tackles and not whinging or pathetic off the ball handbags.

Grant has excelled in five different positions this season and has had to continually carry the midfield (when he's actually been selected in his preferred position). Despite this I can recall very few bad performances and I certainly wouldn't hold unfortunate deflections against him.

Yes, Midy's had big boots to fill and worn them well. He's often not had the same defenders there form one match to the next. Hes just got on with the job and kept us in many a game.

Would he get my vote for player of the year - sorry Steve but I want you to stay .

I don't rate Mildy that highly as when he comes for a ball from a cross he never gets near it, also his kicking is terrible but one thing i could say about him is he's not a bad shot stopper.
Don't rate Barnard either as he has no pace he cant head the ball and his 1st touch is pretty dam bad too but hey he has 14 goals so he must be doing something right.
Here's hoping some mug buys him in the new year for silly money.

I don't rate Mildy that highly as when he comes for a ball from a cross he never gets near it, also his kicking is terrible but one thing i could say about him is he's not a bad shot stopper.
Don't rate Barnard either as he has no pace he cant head the ball and his 1st touch is pretty dam bad too but hey he has 14 goals so he must be doing something right.
Here's hoping some mug buys him in the new year for silly money.

:net:
For a bloke who can't head a ball I was rather pleased to see him get on the end of Scannell's cross for the winner on Saturday.

And you must have been absent from most Blues performances this season as Mildenhall has dominated his box when coming for and claiming the majority of high balls.

For one my nan could have headed that ball home the weekend and as for Mildy commanding his box we must be watching different people, but hey its all about opinions.

For one my nan could have headed that ball home the weekend and as for Mildy commanding his box we must be watching different people, but hey its all about opinions.

nope mate - u r a definate SUFC supporter -

Barnard is bollox, Laurent is poo, Mouussa has no talent, Barratt doesn't give a to55, and why pass the ball when we should just GET IT IN THERE -
oh no you stoooooooopid ar5e - DON'T JUST LUMP IT - GET IT IN THERE -
oh STOP PASSING THE BALL - GET IT IN THERE -

sometimes Roots Hall is full of miserable sod5 who love having a moan -

OH NO WHY KEEP THE BALL _ GET IN THERE -

effing MAcca - effing useless - effing Francis - you usless **** - oh this is ***** - oh for chrissakes usless *****

and on it goes ...and on and on -

you do wonder sometimes -

Back