• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Millionaire banker shoots lion for fun

Saw that on Yahoo news, I think, yesterday. Truly obscene. Trophy hunting should be outlawed worldwide.

Some of you on here don't believe in two wrongs making a right, or even violence as a form of retribution, but this man could only really learn from being smacked around the head with the rifle he used to 'dispatch the animal'. ******.

Could'nt agree more with all the above.
How anyone could want to shoot such animals for 'fun' and on a so called 'holiday' is beyond my comprehension.
How this can be legal entertainment in 2011 is so very wrong.
Would like to meet Mr. Scholey and give him a taste of 'shooting for fun' to see how he enjoys it.

Having been to Kenya and been very close to these animals in the wild...they are such wonderful parents and truly remarkable creatures....I know who is the animal in this case.

Louis theroux did a show about big game hunting parks in south Africa. You pay according to the game you shoot. Nice :(. However I love horse racing so perhaps I'm being a bit hypocritical.

I work in a bank and am horrified someone could shoot a lion for 'sport'.Shooting gorillas to make ashtrays from their paws is however a legitimate reason to pull the trigger in my opinion and dimping ones cigar in a gorilla hand ashtray is one of life's little luxuries I couldn't do without.

I work in a bank and am horrified someone could shoot a lion for 'sport'.Shooting gorillas to make ashtrays from their paws is however a legitimate reason to pull the trigger in my opinion and dimping ones cigar in a gorilla hand ashtray is one of life's little luxuries I couldn't do without.

Couldn't agree more. If you want an element of sport about it, shoot the lion cubs instead: they are a much smaller and therefore more taxing target. What's sporting about shooting something that's 8 foot by 4 foot and spends most of it's time sleeping?

Couldn't agree more. If you want an element of sport about it, shoot the lion cubs instead: they are a much smaller and therefore more taxing target. What's sporting about shooting something that's 8 foot by 4 foot and spends most of it's time sleeping?

No need to bring Rusty into this debate.:smiles:

I'm intrigued, do people really get a buzz from it? I'd feel nothing but shame, guilt and embarrassment. If money were no object, I'd find something better to do with it.

They had a chap on radio 5 this morning trying to justify the hunting of wild animals. He claimed that man is a predator, so should be allowed to hunt animals, and that hunting is about conservation (not sure how that works?). Anyway, apparently there are around 20,000 lions in the wild, which seems a lot, but only 2,500 are males that are capable of mating.

According to the woman who wanted hunting banned, if it was made illegal to import trophies into Europe and America in particular, less people would want to do it because they'd have nothing to show for.

There is zero excuse for killing animals for fun....he is a millionaire..go and spunk some money in Monaco for kicks.

They had a chap on radio 5 this morning trying to justify the hunting of wild animals. He claimed that man is a predator, so should be allowed to hunt animals

Fully agree, but let him do it without a gun, should even it up a bit.

Back