• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Millionaire banker shoots lion for fun

So for example your in Africa and you walk past a lion do you not think it would try and attack you?

Not that I am saying killing this lion is wrong but I doubt the lion has any ethics!

I have pictures of me, no more than 10 feet away from lions in the wild in Africa and they did nothing to me.I will bring them to a game to show you.

At least we have managed to get it discussed on Radio2

Cricko1

@theJeremyVine are you going to bring the lion story up tomorrow on your radio show

theJeremyVine Jeremy Vine

*Thanks to those who drew my attention to Sir David Scholey's holiday (see pic); we will cover this today

I suppose its the persona they give off that you would not want to mess with one that makes you think they go round killing humans that wander their way

They would probably attack you if they were starving hungry or you were to close to their cubs, but generally speaking they have enough to eat in the wild.(well the ones I have met did)

Shooting them for sport is just wrong.

Never knew you was into wildlife John?

I am not sure I was until I visited Kenya..That still remains my favourite EVER holiday and certainly you view animals in a completely different light after such a trip, seeing them in their natural habitat rather than stuck in some zoo or on tv.

Why because an animal is of a certain size is any more wrong to kill it?

you come out with some bull crap dont you!
Have you ever seen a chicken farm attacked by foxes? I can assure you that foxes bring far more problems than lions do. Foxes kill repeatedly, lions kill when hungry (which is not every day) or when threatened in the main, although you do get occasional rogue lions. Foxes are thought of as vermin in the countryside, they also bring disease. I don't agree with hunting at all for fun, but I do see a need for the fox population to be kept under control. My point about it being a different debate is that it is simply that, completely different circumstances.

Have you ever seen a chicken farm attacked by foxes? I can assure you that foxes bring far more problems than lions do. Foxes kill repeatedly, lions kill when hungry (which is not every day) or when threatened in the main, although you do get occasional rogue lions. Foxes are thought of as vermin in the countryside, they also bring disease. I don't agree with hunting at all for fun, but I do see a need for the fox population to be kept under control. My point about it being a different debate is that it is simply that, completely different circumstances.

Foxes kill everything in the hen house as they naturally bury things they find for later (i.e they can make larders ) , so all that food in one place they go into a frenzy . Their predators/scavenger in the world so don;t get the chance to see that much food in one place ;) (i used to work in Hockley woods ;))

Foxes kill everything in the hen house as they naturally bury things they find for later (i.e they can make larders ) , so all that food in one place they go into a frenzy . Their predators/scavenger in the world so don;t get the chance to see that much food in one place ;) (i used to live in Hockley woods ;))

edited for accuracy

Back