• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Red card was fair enough. I don't personally think it was quite a red, but I don't think it was a terrible decision and can see why he gave it. The penalty shout looked absolutely stone wall.

It was in front of me and was not a sending off........and it looked a cert penalty.......and it was never handball by Lewis Hunt. Andre is an absolute incompetent.

Ref today played to the home crowd and bottled a fair few decisions inc the McG penalty. Ruined the game for us with the harsh early red, thought their player made a meal of it and recovered pretty quickly after the red was produced...

Would like to see the Cox 'trip' early on that was right in front of us as it looked like a good shout

Talking of unbelievable ref decisions check this, Tom Elliott of the Wombles scores an equaliser in injury time and gets sent off for over celebrating- WTF.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10764669/afc-wimbledon-1-1-charlton

Mentioned that Tom Elliott one on another thread. The ref couldn't wait to send him off. Peering through the other players to find his reason, before giving it the full Nazi salute style point to the tunnel.

So what if it takes a minute to re-start the game. Just add the time on!

^ That, is absolutely disgraceful!

But you know, and this is the thing. It is the Law. It's a stupid law, really stupid, but you just can't decide what you will do and what you wont. "I know, lets not bother with offside today lads". Doesn't work.

So what was the the referee is supposed to do. If he doesn't do it, someone will go on a website and go "he didn't do it". So if you do it, you get slaughtered and if you don't you get slaughtered by your assessor.

I like not reffing anymore, you don't have to deal with that dichotomy.

But you know, and this is the thing. It is the Law. It's a stupid law, really stupid, but you just can't decide what you will do and what you wont. "I know, lets not bother with offside today lads". Doesn't work.

So, what is the exact law on celebrating a goal?

That celebration didn't look much different to ours when we scored the winner against Rochdale or the Sheffield United fella scoring and going over to the fans to be mobbed in front of the North Bank, including some supporters getting on the pitch and being rounded up by the stewards.

So what was the the referee is supposed to do. If he doesn't do it, someone will go on a website and go "he didn't do it". So if you do it, you get slaughtered and if you don't you get slaughtered by your assessor.

I like not reffing anymore, you don't have to deal with that dichotomy.

So, what is the exact law on celebrating a goal?

That celebration didn't look much different to ours when we scored the winner against Rochdale or the Sheffield United fella scoring and going over to the fans to be mobbed in front of the North Bank, including some supporters getting on the pitch and being rounded up by the stewards.

That's what I don't get, he didn't take his top off, he didn't go into the crowd - judging by some of what we see and is allowed to pass, he was actually quite restrained!!!

That's exactly what I thought.

When I heard he'd been second yellowed for over-exuberant celebrating, I expected a shirt twirling around his head style charge up the pitch or going right up to the Charlton fans and giving it the large 'un, but having a hug with a few fans is about all he did.

On that basis, you'd get booked for pretty much every last minute goal celebration.

Red card every day of the week every week of the year. Late, high and out of control. Easy decision. We'd have gone bonkers if that had been against us and a red not shown.

Penalty shout..... we were 150 yards away. So who knows ahead of seeing it on the telly.

Ferdinand was booked for giving the West Ham cross at the Millwall fans who'd been hurling abuse at him for the previous half hour

Quite right.

Except it wasn't late, high or out of control.

..........and Ferdinand was booked for explaining to Andre that his decisions had cost us at least one point............and he was right.

No. It is absolutely clear cut. In fact, I would not be surprised if Atkinson gets an extra game for a frivolous appeal.

Not if we get the same panel that rescinded Mr Bishops of Scunny's red card ....catch them before the happy juice they must have been on runs out and we will be fine :winking:

for me both incidents fall into the "homer ref" catergory. At RH Atkinson would probably have got yellow and a penalty awarded for JMcG.

Quite right.

Except it wasn't late, high or out of control.

..........and Ferdinand was booked for explaining to Andre that his decisions had cost us at least one point............and he was right.

Maybe not but It still looked like a foul and a reckless challenge to me.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right It was a certain pen.

McGlashan was terrifyingly quick and so he was fouled.

The sending off should have been a booking at most.

No, the sending off should have been a booking at least !

Back