• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'At most' means I accept a booking. but not a sending off.

Does 'at least' mean you accept a sending off?

It really was a sort of "orange" one. Yellow would have been perfectly adequate in my view but plenty of players have been sent off for similar challenges especially as when the player lunges in after a poor first touch it always looks worse.

The challenge gave the referee an opportunity to make an extreme decision and he took it; I suspect the lino who was waving furiously may have had an input too.

I was unimpressed by Marriner's performance and felt it lacked a degree of even-handedness. Every decision which was clearly ours, he gave to us. Every decision that was clearly theirs, he gave to them. Every decision which was marginal, he also gave to them.

And also why didn't he book both Cox and McGlashen for diving if he didn't think they were fouled? Poor ref.

And also why didn't he book both Cox and McGlashen for diving if he didn't think they were fouled? Poor ref.

No, it doesn't have to be one or the other. Players can go to ground without being fouled and without diving.

(That's not to say either decision was correct.)

The first 3 proper tackles Marriner handled more than ok, including a possible card for Timlin. No one was complaining, its a sort of derby and both sides going for a top 6 slot. We settled quite well and began to look the team in control so there was no need for a red for either team at that stage unless it was completely obvious like violent conduct.

I can fully see why he did it just annoys me that players can con a ref PL style and never be punished for it. Not saying any players for this game but I've certainly seen others who should be banned retrospectively. May not help the team who have been cheated on the day but would certainly ease the burdens on refs if Big Brother was watching you.

You're absolutely right It was a certain pen.

McGlashan was terrifyingly quick and so he was fouled.

The sending off should have been a booking at most.

Ha! See corrected post.Agree with you about the Mcglashan "pen", btw.

(Had a good night on Saturday with a few old friends).:winking:

Think the difference between the red card and the McGlashan penalty incidents were the players reactions. Lots of arm waving and howls of protest from the Millwall players, when Glash was felled not a hint of an appeal from our players, Glash included (?) - very naive lads.....

Ref today played to the home crowd and bottled a fair few decisions inc the McG penalty. Ruined the game for us with the harsh early red, thought their player made a meal of it and recovered pretty quickly after the red was produced...

Would like to see the Cox 'trip' early on that was right in front of us as it looked like a good shout

Talking of unbelievable ref decisions check this, Tom Elliott of the Wombles scores an equaliser in injury time and gets sent off for over celebrating- WTF.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10764669/afc-wimbledon-1-1-charlton

Clearly unsportingmanly conduct and can't see how he could have any complaints.

Presume the first yellow was for the haircut and the second for the crap celebration.

Back