• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Does anybody know what has happened to Mitchell Pinnock? I though that he looked really decent when he came on as substitute during the final game of last season yet this year he is nowhere to be seen, despite being given a squad number?

Very strange that we cannot seemingly even fill our subs bench but still Pinnock and Seedy Nije are seemingly not even considered?

He has been playing in behind closed door friendlies. Should send him and Chambers out on loan for the next few months IMO.

Absolutely. You do not get better by not playing. I cannot understand why with us seemingly so short of players that Pinnock and Nije are not even considered worthy of making up the numbers of a substitutes bench that we cannot apparently fill though?

Think it was only Oxford where we failed to fill our quota of subs....maybe to do with Eastwood and Phillips both failing fitness tests IIRC. Last night was only five allotted subs.

On to Pinnock and I liked him what I saw in a behind closed doors match late last season - no harm in getting him in and around the squad.

Have Pinnock or Nije ever been on the bench ?

If not then it may be because they arent registered to play....

Think it was only Oxford where we failed to fill our quota of subs....maybe to do with Eastwood and Phillips both failing fitness tests IIRC. Last night was only five allotted subs.

On to Pinnock and I liked him what I saw in a behind closed doors match late last season - no harm in getting him in and around the squad.

i'm curious , how did you see him if it was a behind closed doors match? did you take a step ladder or climb up a tree ?

I was wondering that too. Despite the "behind closed doors" tag, can supporters actually get in to these games?

Went to see East Thurrock play v Wingate and Finchley today and Mitchell Pinnock played the whole 90 minutes for "The Rocks" in their 0-1 defeat. He didn't have an outstanding game (something reflected throughout the East Thurrock team) but there is no doubt that the kid has talent in abundance. Some classy flicks and passes & he worked hard throughout the match without a great deal of luck.

i know that this is only Ryman League but Pinnock certainly has something about him as was most apparent in his two sub appearances for Southend last season. I would rather see a young hungry kid like him given a go than persevere with Barnard, Freddy (as much as it breaks my heart in his case to say that) Timlin, Gomis etc. These players are not doing it and we need a shake up soon. What's to lose?

Sorry but yes. To me, Timlin flatters to deceive. Too many misplaced passes and very little final product. Weakest link in the side and average at best.

Disagree with you totally, one of our most committed players and the side looks worse when he's not in it.

Fair enough OBL. Football is all about opinions and I respect what you are saying here. I feel the on loan Timlin playing for a contract back then was a far more effective player than the Timlin of today. That said, he has come back from a broken leg though. Just think that I cannot remember him really (to coin an old cliche) "taking a game by the scruff of the neck" and there are far too many promising moves that seem to break down through his inefective final pass.

Have to say that I think we do need Timlin. The weakest links for me are Atkinson and Laird, although they are absolute workhorses there is no end product from either of them although for different reasons.

I think that we desperately need a midfield general type of player who uses his brain rather than one with the workaholic type mentality.

Timlin is mediocre at best. Virtually every time he gets the ball he loses it with a bad pass that is invariably intercepted by the opposition. I just cannot see how anybody can possibly think that he is an even half decent player? Whatever happens at the end of the season, he should be thanked for his services and moved on. He is a liability and why Brown persists with him over Payne or Laird is one of life's great mysteries I feel.

Have to say that I think we do need Timlin. The weakest links for me are Atkinson and Laird, although they are absolute workhorses there is no end product from either of them although for different reasons.

I think that we desperately need a midfield general type of player who uses his brain rather than one with the workaholic type mentality.

Please explain to me why Atkinson gets so much flack for his all round game. His effort alone deserves to win a game

Please explain to me why Atkinson gets so much flack for his all round game. His effort alone deserves to win a game

I like Atkinson, but effort alone doesn't win anything. He is incredibly hard working, but we need to see an end product, a decent delivery or even a goal.

Back