• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Based on when he wasn't fit at the start of the season, still recovering from his broken leg!!! :facepalm:

But that was when the Team was doing well. I agree thought that Timlin is a good player.

Some cases can suggest when a player breaks his leg, he may not quite return the same player.

Went to see East Thurrock play v Wingate and Finchley today and Mitchell Pinnock played the whole 90 minutes for "The Rocks" in their 0-1 defeat. He didn't have an outstanding game (something reflected throughout the East Thurrock team) but there is no doubt that the kid has talent in abundance. Some classy flicks and passes & he worked hard throughout the match without a great deal of luck.

i know that this is only Ryman League but Pinnock certainly has something about him as was most apparent in his two sub appearances for Southend last season. I would rather see a young hungry kid like him given a go than persevere with Barnard, Freddy (as much as it breaks my heart in his case to say that) Timlin, Gomis etc. These players are not doing it and we need a shake up soon. What's to lose?

We need to sort out our sports science department. Why are all of our young players so hungry?:smile:

Seriously though, why do people think young players are more "hungry" than the likes of Timlin. Even if that were the case, that doesnt mean he will play better, more likely to run around like a headless chicken. You said in your post he didnt even shine in a non-league defeat, that hardly screams throw him in a struggling league two side.

We need to sort out our sports science department. Why are all of our young players so hungry?:smile:

Seriously though, why do people think young players are more "hungry" than the likes of Timlin. Even if that were the case, that doesn't mean he will play better, more likely to run around like a headless chicken. You said in your post he didnt even shine in a non-league defeat, that hardly screams throw him in a struggling league two side.

I said that he showed some nice touches and has something about him. East Thurrock are not a good side at all and Paul Gascoigne at his peak would struggle to shine in that team and on that pitch believe me.

I stand by what I say, I think Pinnock is better than some we have in the side at the moment and could provide the boost we desperately need right now. Thing is, Brown does not seem to like playing the kids - his reluctance to give Payne any worthwhile game time so far and the decision to release Woodyard at the end of last year more than confirm this fact.

I said that he showed some nice touches and has something about him. East Thurrock are not a good side at all and Paul Gascoigne at his peak would struggle to shine in that team and on that pitch believe me.

I stand by what I say, I think Pinnock is better than some we have in the side at the moment and could provide the boost we desperately need right now. Thing is, Brown does not seem to like playing the kids - his reluctance to give Payne any worthwhile game time so far and the decision to release Woodyard at the end of last year more than confirm this fact.

Not sure thats the case, Bentley has played every league game and he is a kid playing in the most vital position in the team.

We also seem happy to play other people's kids, Woodrow/Kiernan/Egan/Bolger, so age has nothing to do with it.

There is a reason Brown sent him to non-league and thats because he doesnt feel he is ready for the 1st team yet and needs experience at a lower level.

Back