• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moaning Fans

CC51DAS

President
So some of us think us Blues fans are a bunch of whingers ?! Well overall I can understand the disappointment many feel at the poor standard of football this year after the excitement of the CCC and the promotion years before . Last Saturday was a sharp reminder of the ' good old days ' -indeed a lot of people on here have stood/sat through many more seasons of thin than thick .

So how bad are we compared with other clubs ? As I drove back from Forest last week listeneing to 5 live, I was astonished to hear 'fan' after 'fan' after 'fan' ringing in complaining about their beloved Liverpool , Kuyt and all . They had just won 8-0 .

And it sounds like the Ewes have got their fair share of boo boys right now
What were they expecting ,Premiership after two seasons ?

So some of us think us Blues fans are a bunch of whingers ?! Well overall I can understand the disappointment many feel at the poor standard of football this year after the excitement of the CCC and the promotion years before . Last Saturday was a sharp reminder of the ' good old days ' -indeed a lot of people on here have stood/sat through many more seasons of thin than thick .

So how bad are we compared with other clubs ? As I drove back from Forest last week listeneing to 5 live, I was astonished to hear 'fan' after 'fan' after 'fan' ringing in complaining about their beloved Liverpool , Kuyt and all . They had just won 8-0 .

i think in fairness to col utd fans they are probably realising that they are hanging onto the CCC by the skin of their teeth and wont ever be able to compete with the big boys with their new stadium either. there seems to be an sense of realism now with the inbreds and it makes me even more proud when i look at the FF plans and how with a bit of luck and T&B magic we can realistically expect to be competing with anyone in the CCC in a few years time

Apparently Watford were booed on Saturday and they're several points clear.
I think the problem is whenever a team gets any success, it raises expectations for more success. England fans have had unrealistic expectations for the last 40 years.
No doubt that Tilly is a victim of his own success in this respect. Some fans are getting restless because League One is going to be hard to get out of this year but actually if, you take the longer view, for us to be one of the challengers at this level is rare - the 2 promotions apart, we've usually been also-rans or relegation fodder at this level.

I am so sick of 'fans' booing my team! I go to games and am close to tears at how much abuse my team get for being three points off the top of the table, in the second round of the FA cup and did respectably well in the carling cup.

I am so sick of 'fans' booing my team! I go to games and am close to tears at how much abuse my team get for being three points off the top of the table, in the second round of the FA cup and did respectably well in the carling cup.

Did respectably well in the Carling Cup?

Didn't we get knocked out in the 2nd round this year?

Did respectably well in the Carling Cup?

Didn't we get knocked out in the 2nd round this year?

We knocked out the championship leaders and took championship side Blackpool to extra time at their place. Plus beat Cheltenham who are in our division.

Sounds respectable to me.

Third, I think (beating Cheltenham & Watford). Which is the second furthest we've got in the last twenty years.

We knocked out the championship leaders and took championship side Blackpool to extra time at their place. Plus beat Cheltenham who are in our division.

Not bad beating Watford I suppose, tho I did forget about that!!

One better than the Col Ewe!!

Sorry to be pedantic but we beat the Championship leaders RESERVE team, same as we almost lost on Saturday to Rochdale's RESERVE team.:(

Sorry to be pedantic but we beat the Championship leaders RESERVE team, same as we almost lost on Saturday to Rochdale's RESERVE team.:(
If we are being pedantic, we didn't "almost lose", at the very worse we might have drawn. Instead our keeper saved a shot that everyone would have moaned at him if it had gone in.

You could also question whether we'd have put the same team out if Watford was a league game.

It's hardly fair to call it Watford's reserve team when nine or ten of the starting XI played Premiership football the season before.

Fans pointing out that we can't beat any of the top teams are hardly moaning. Just pointing out the blindingly obvious reason we're punching above our weight. Crack this nut and the world is our oyster. (two in one sentence :p)

It's hardly fair to call it Watford's reserve team when nine or ten of the starting XI played Premiership football the season before.

It's entirely fair to say it was Watford's reserve team because it was just that.

However it was still a decent performance as top Championship sides these days have internationals and players with Premiership experience on their benches and in their reserves. But reserves they were, as there were few, if any, players who started either the previous or subsequent League matches.

Perhaps fans are more critical because of the extortionate cost of watching a game nowa days and the fact the people who they are turning up in freezing cold weather to be entertained by and who earn more than in a week than the average fan does in several years.... sometime plays as if he couldn't give a t*ss. I would never go and pay to watch a premiership game now as a neutral amd I would never subdsribe to Sky for the same reason and that is I don't believe that the entertainment value coresponsed to the inflated wages that these players get.

Perhaps fans are more critical because of the extortionate cost of watching a game nowa days and the fact the people who they are turning up in freezing cold weather to be entertained by and who earn more than in a week than the average fan does in several years.... sometime plays as if he couldn't give a t*ss. I would never go and pay to watch a premiership game now as a neutral amd I would never subdsribe to Sky for the same reason and that is I don't believe that the entertainment value coresponsed to the inflated wages that these players get.

That's a good point - I sometimes think that footballers forget that they are part of the broader entertainment industry and if it ceases to be entertaining , well...

But I feel our fans are relatively restrained in their criticism compared to some . Can't imagine anyone booing our team off the pitch at CCC level a la Col U - and would anyone really ring in a NATIONAL radio phone in and MOAN after an 8-0 Champions League win .

Back