• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mobile Upgrade

My phone is getting a bit tatty so I'm looking at upgrading. Can't imagine i'll have too many difficulties getting any particular type of phone off O2, so just wondered what sort of phones are out there at the moment and which are good, bad, over-rated and what not.

Not particulary arsed about camera and music capability, but definitely want to use it for internet, e-mails, oh and making and receiving phone calls and texts!

Thoughts?

I know you say you aren't bothered with music capability, but the iPhone is great for internet and emails, along with a whole host of applications, it's a great phone (although texting has a couple of limitations).

worth considering

Has to be the iPhone. Unfortunately I have to use a Blackberry for work which is average in every respect. Got an iPhone for my wife and I have extreme phone envy

Has to be the iPhone. Unfortunately I have to use a Blackberry for work which is average in every respect. Got an iPhone for my wife and I have extreme phone envy

it's great. my only issue with it is that it doesn't (appear to) have connectivity with Oracle Calender. If you work with Outlook then it's great

I've heard the iPhone isn't the best for texting especially group texts (of which i do quite a lot), and it's battery life isn't too good either?

Last edited:
You have to charge the iPhone every day. It certainly uses power quickly, but in effect you do have a powerful computer which makes calls.

Haven't encountered any problems with texts....but I'm a one a day man - not like the yoofs with prehensile digits banging them out. Virtual keyboard takes a little getting used to. I think your either a button person or a touchscreen person. Probably worth trying one out before you commit

How do people find typing emails on the iphone which are generally a bit longer in length than the average text?

I've heard the iPhone isn't the best for texting especially group texts (of which i do quite a lot), and it's battery life isn't too good either?

happy with battery life, although if you listen to music and use the internet a lot you'll probably need to charge it every night. it's a pain for group texts.

happy with battery life, although if you listen to music and use the internet a lot you'll probably need to charge it every night. it's a pain for group texts.
Given I send around 2-3 group texts a week this could be an issue. I'm off to get a couple a couple of phone brochures at lunch and will peruse.

Could try the Nokia N85, it's a smaller slimmed down version of the N96. I've had mine a couple of weeks and love it. Never tried a group text though ! And it needs charging every 3-4 days.

You could stop sending the motivational group text on a Saturday and just send it to one of the lads as they are all out getting hammered together anyway.

Never fear I think we are going out Friday this week. Daisy's birthday on the other hand.

Plans are afoot on that one.

However, after a trip down to the Carphone Warehouse and O2 I have discounted the iPhone purely because of the lack of group messages. Certainly couldn't be arsed to have to pick 16 names every time.

Couldn't see the N85 in either shop, and the Google Phone seems good but has the worse battery life.

Always been a Nokia user so am debating on the Nokia 5800 or Blackberry Curve which has buttons so can feel my way around.

Got to say though I'm not exactly overly enthusiastic about the phones on offer.

Back