• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mobile Upgrade

I can't stand my Blackberry Curve

Fine if you want to send/receive emails, but attachments are unreadable most of the time. Internet browsing is pants. No wifi. Has music capability but what's the point if you have an ipod. Crashes frequently

Oh and the clock loses time...!

I can't stand my Blackberry Curve

Fine if you want to send/receive emails, but attachments are unreadable most of the time. Internet browsing is pants. No wifi. Has music capability but what's the point if you have an ipod. Crashes frequently

Oh and the clock loses time...!

I love my curve! Initially browsing was crap, but you can download Opera mini, makes it a helluva lot easier. I've a feeling you can get a curve with WiFi too now, though don't quote me on that.

I'd still vote for the iPhone. The scope of the usage wins it for me, additional apps coming along all the time. I've got some great games on my iPod Touch (which is effectively the same)

And you can access Shrimperzone from anywhere!

I'd still vote for the iPhone. The scope of the usage wins it for me, additional apps coming along all the time. I've got some great games on my iPod Touch (which is effectively the same)

And you can access Shrimperzone from anywhere!

I played about with the iPhone in the shop and thought it was pretty good, particularly the web browsing, however the lack of group contacts for texting is a huge downer for me, as it would turn a 2 minute job into a half hour job.

I played about with the iPhone in the shop and thought it was pretty good, particularly the web browsing, however the lack of group contacts for texting is a huge downer for me, as it would turn a 2 minute job into a half hour job.

Fair enough, although that could get fixed in a future firmware update. There are a few other annoyances with the iPhone such as lack of cut and paste which people are crying out for.

Again I expect all these will get ironed out over time

Fair enough, although that could get fixed in a future firmware update. There are a few other annoyances with the iPhone such as lack of cut and paste which people are crying out for.

Isnt there an app for cut and paste?

, however the lack of group contacts for texting is a huge downer for me, as it would turn a 2 minute job into a half hour job.

There is an app you can buy for £1.19 called group drag and drop. 44 reviews average a 4/5 rating.
If i get it ill let you know if its any good

Nokia 5800 looks a bit too plastic for me, but to be fair I've only seen the dummy shop version not a real phone.

Oh & I don't know if this is much of an issue with O2 as it is with Vodafone, but make sure you check they have made any necessary amendments to your tariff after your upgrade. Just had a month long argument with Vodafone that I am still paying too much & finally (thanks to me insisting I dealt with UK Customer Services not the muppets in Mumbai) they've realised that my tariff wasn't switched over in October as per my new contract.

Back