• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Monday Moan ( part 2 )

Leeboy

Original and possibly best
Staff member
So, 2nd successive Monday and C2C still have'nt got their act together.

"Overunning Engineering Works" is the latest excuse, basically the lazy bastards stand around chatting, leaning on their shovels, causing disruption for the people that pay their wages - US!

my train that should go upto Benfleet / Basildon / Fenny becomes Benfleet / Pitsea / GRAYS? / Barking / Fenny.

And now "severe weather warnings", which basically means overhead power lines coming down.

Surely they must have a contingency plan by now, or will they just allow it to happen first then decide what to do?

mad.gif

well Im an hour late. Had to divert through the Tilbury loop, then stop at every station- Purfleet, Dagenham Docks, etc. What fun.

mad.gif

The FGE line was running it's usual excellent service.

I boarded the train at 6:44 in Rochford and after a swimming a couple of lengths, having a sauna and smoking one of their excellent cigars I arrived at Liverpool street at 7:29, a full four minutes early.

My only minor quibble is that the baize on the snooker table is looking a little worn.

I was an hour late also, f**king c2c how dare they increase ticket prices and then put on an even worse service!

They have better of sorted it out by tonight!!!!

mad.gif

Also late - 40 minutes.
What I don't understand is if there are engineering works between Pitsea and West Horndon - why does the train turn up to Southend East 15 minutes late? It just doesn't make sense.
rock.gif

Save all the hassle and learn how to drive!!!

Then you wont have to rely on C2C

Good advice in theory but have you ever tried to drive up the A13 or A127 during rush hour - let alone the City - it would take twice as long to get to work.
Oh - and I think that most of us can drive anyway!

Luckily enough, I had a doctors appointment this morning and was late anyway - Mrs h1510 gave me a lift to Upminster, so it was district line all the way, needless to say I made a sizeable dent in the book I am reading.

Not working in the City myself are most of your employers sympathetic to it? I.E. Do they make you make up the time? Or do they let you off with one of those ****ed off looks?

speaking personally Dave, I get away with an apology.

It's not hard for my Boss to look at the C2C website to check if I'm telling the truth or not.

And he's usually later than me anyway!

Mine let us off, a few of us come in on the same line so they know it's not a blag, would normally go with saying that I'd work part of my lunch if I was VERY late but depends on amount of work. Also people come in from Ipswich etc and are delayed alot more often (and pay a hell of alot more) - but C2C are still w***ers in my book.

Chances of a downed power line tonight?? I'd go evens at the moment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 12 2004,12:26)]Not working in the City myself are most of your employers sympathetic to it? I.E. Do they make you make up the time? Or do they let you off with one of those ****ed off looks?
They let me off with an apology. I can't do much about it, can I?

Just checked the C2C website for a travel update, of four trains that have just been cancelled, ALL of them were because of either no driver or no crew.

Now that is a f**king joke

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Jan. 12 2004,12:52)]Just checked the C2C website for a travel update, of four trains that have just been cancelled, ALL of them were because of either no driver or no crew.

"Lack of operating staff" to be precise - lazy f**kers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 12 2004,12:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Jan. 12 2004,12:52)]Just checked the C2C website for a travel update, of four trains that have just been cancelled, ALL of them were because of either no driver or no crew.

"Lack of operating staff" to be precise - lazy f**kers
They probably couldn't get into work this morning cos of the engineering works
laugh.gif

I don't have to make the time up - that's not to say that they don't expect me to though!! I can't see how they can make you when it is out of your control. Had the train been on time, I would have been on time - simple really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 12 2004,13:01)]a bit like the "How does the snow plough driver get to work" scenario
Yeah thats the one - the guard at the ticket barriers at Basildon this morning told me it took him 2 and a half hours to get in this morning.

Well it seems we were not the only ones with issues on the Engineering front, colleague of mine had the same issues on his way in from Kent. Adverse weather affecting the engineering works. So I guess c2c will be penalising Network Rail for this delay who will in turn penalise the sub contractors. Unless of course there is a get out clause involving adverse weather.

Lack of staff - surprise surprise people the c2c staff also travel the line to get to work. And for Blue Missy not all the rolling stock is located at Shoebury, in fact some of it does need to come from East Ham depot, which would have been affected
tounge.gif

Luckily for me I had overslept this morning so I was able to blame the trains for not getting into 11am when in fact I did not get out of bed to 8:45am
biggrin.gif

Back