• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Monday Moan ( part 2 )

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Jan. 12 2004,13:12)]for Blue Missy not all the rolling stock is located at Shoebury, in fact some of it does need to come from East Ham depot, which would have been affected

yeah I realised this after I had posted - smart arse!

should be fun getting home tonight people!!!
sad.gif

It should be fine as long as the Network Rail engineering contractors have got their fingers out of their arses instead of staying in their little wagons whilst enjoying a cuppa thinking 'There is no way I am going out in that sh*te weather.'

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Jan. 12 2004,13:19)]It should be fine as long as the Network Rail engineering contractors have got their fingers out of their arses instead of staying in their little wagons whilst enjoying a cuppa thinking 'There is no way I am going out in that sh*te weather.'

cool.gif
Now, I would presume that because the situation was out of C2C's hands (as my driver kept saying all morning) this may be their way of getting out of giving us a refund should we claim. (I had this excuse before when I've tried to claim).

However, as BC said, C2C will no doubt be going to Network Railways (or whoever do the repairs) and be claiming compo from them. So in other words, C2C get compensation where as the customers do not. Surely not fair?
rock.gif
??

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Jan.12 2004,13:29)]However, as BC said, C2C will no doubt be going to Network Railways (or whoever do the repairs) and be claiming compo from them. So in other words, C2C get compensation where as the customers do not. Surely not fair???

I wouldn't worry - if you've got an annual ticket you don't get any compensation for single events anyway!
rock.gif

I know that my ticket costs less overall if you were to add up the single journeys and that I got a discount last year because of poor service blah-de-blah, but that doesn't make me feel any better when I'm stuck on a train. I don't mind so much when it's on the way to work
wink.gif
but when it's on the way home it ****es me right off!!

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I have an annual season ticket, and I HAVE received refunds in the past for ****-ups (only one as far as I can remember though), so if c2c get a refund, I wouldn&#39;t be surprised to get a check in about August(...&#33;).

My work&#39;s fine - my boss comes in from Brighton so understands. However, her predecessor was an absolute c**t that couldn&#39;t understand how his Daughter -in-Law could get in on a post-10am train from Wickford and I couldn&#39;t on the 7.54 from Thorpe Bay. Those days were fun.

Quite simply I&#39;ll get the work done, so no extra time needed&#33;&#33;</span>

Durera - if you check this C2C have changed their policy and any refund that annual season ticket holders are entitled to is included in the renewal discount. This only applies if performance is below a certain level (98% I believe) and as it wasn&#39;t last year, hence no discount this year.
Obviously, this doesn&#39;t take into account the fact that the 2% of the time that it is delayed etc. is nearly always during peak times when the people who pay for an annual season ticket travel.

Gale force winds are predicted - haven&#39;t seen any evidence of this yet though&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Jan. 12 2004,15:57)]what adverse weather conditions are you having?little drop of rain?  1/8th of an inch of snow or just an 1/8th
biggrin.gif
You may joke - my hair got wet this morning!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Jan. 12 2004,16:03)]Gale force winds are predicted - haven't seen any evidence of this yet though!
I know. Its rained all day sis, but it was about 10 times windier yesterday. Bloody weather people. Get a real job!!

Kev

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 12 2004,16:06)]Its rained all day sis

Teehee&#33;&#33; That was funny - I&#39;m still waiting for my bacon bap though&#33;
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Jan. 12 2004,16:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 12 2004,16:06)]Its rained all day sis

Teehee&#33;&#33; That was funny - I&#39;m still waiting for my bacon bap though&#33;
wink.gif
Your not gettin anything from me. I could have got in for a fiver myself so your the lucky one ...

Kev

wink.gif

Back